Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NICE MOSIN BUILD

Feedback Score

I can do one hole ragged groups with any ammo in a magazine fed rifle. Just fill the mag insert in the rifle and throw it thru the target. One ragged hole. Still working on throwing it 200yds though.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

guy, I find the barrel

Mosin Heavy Target Barrel 7.62x54 [03-CP-003] - $79.95 : TGI Online Store, Your Source For Military Surplus Parts and Accessories

Note:
    Heavy Barrel and high shpping charge , yes I order 2 of them

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score

This is a project you can be proud of. Good work.

Seeing this old Mosin reminds me of a story from an old Remington history book I have. The Remington factory was building them for the Czar at the onset of WWI. An inspector of the Russians would come in about once a week to check. Story goes that he was concerned about stock quality/strength. He would supposedly pick up a finished rifle and slam it down on the floor hard butt first to see if it would brake. Guess they had had some problems or he was just paranoid. As time went on he broke a few. Some of the Remington guys on the line got tired of his arrogance. They modified one of the rifles, adjusted the mechanism so it would slam fire. They loaded and cocked it, and placed it in a position where they figured he would pick it up for a "test". Sure enough the next time he came in he grabbed it for his test. They said the noise of that rifle firing in the shop was deafening. They also said that he never found it necessary to test another one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yea i dont want to call anyone a liar but guys with $500 barrels and $2000 actions have a hard time doing it with hand loads that take hours to do. If a guy is doing that with a $75 reprofiled machinegun barrel with a mill spec chamber barrel and a $30 action and 20 cents a round ammo its a miracle.

Id like to build up one but Id be suprised to see it out shoot my remington 700 in 30-06 or any thing else I have for that matter.

I know the 54r can be very accurate but im not sure I can believe this. I doubt I could shoot that well even if the gun could. nothing I own will do one hole at 200 yards (yet )

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I can do one hole ragged groups with any ammo in a magazine fed rifle. Just fill the mag insert in the rifle and throw it thru the target. One ragged hole. Still working on throwing it 200yds though.

Feedback Score

The guy that posted the second rifle (blue/gray camo) in that thread has built several like that. He is a sniper who has extensive build training courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Feedback Score

David Tubb and the rest of the Camp Perry crowd better buy a Mosin and fit it with a MG barrel and a case of surplus ammo. They have been wastin money on those overpriced toys. Only Benchrest wimps need a 6BR, Viper action, Broughton barrel, Jewell trigger and custom stock investing thousands in search of consistent sub .25" groups @ 100 yds much less one ragged hole groups @ 200 yds. Even the best M118LR US military ammo isn't that capable. But go figure. We don't need no stinkin match BARRELS. No stinkin handloaded match ammo either. Real men can do it with 1953 Bulgarian surplus ammo, a 1967 reworked MG barrel and a 1943 Mosin action. Snipers can do miracles.

Feedback Score

Whoa! I'z just saying that the second guy has built several rifles like the blue/grey camo one he posted in that thread. That's all. What he does for a living was less important than that-wasn't implying anything except I knew a little (only a little) about him.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Those triggerless Mosins do wonderfully! (most of the pics in the OP link have no trigger).

Sure
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Note the second rifle is not from the original poster. Doesn't have an mg barrel either...
    Build thread. Surplusrifle Forum • View topic - Fin 39 target rifle old to new

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.