Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pics of WORKING 7.62x25 bullet guide??

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I built a second x25 that is gas operated and I used a PPS43 magwell welded into the AK receiver. That is the one that I am having some serious feeding issues on
    Could be the way the mag well is attached? If it's at a slight angle that can cause the bullet to nose up or down, or if it's at a left - right angle this can cause one side to feed and the other side doesn't.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks Coils for the input. The magwell is actually sitting just about perfect from side to side, and vertically, as well as slightly nose up, which it needs. It's an issue of not being able to come up any higher and still maintaining enough lug material for the bolt to safely lock, and yet have the round feed into the chamber. 50% of the time it hits hard because I have very little "bullet guide" there to start the rounds angle off correctly. You have to mill about halfway through the original bullet guide toward the front of the trunnion to fit the magwell in and have the round close enough to the throat of the barrel to start the round into the barrel before the end of the shell leaves the mag. I really need to see what others have done as far as thie bullet guides, so I know how much I should build up with weld material, then file back down to the proper shape to feed reliably.

As far as the cycling, I plan to start with removing a little more weight from the bolt carrier, then polish the hammer/carrier faces to reduce drag. If that doesn't do it, then I plan to enlarge my gas port.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Hey gwailo, thanks. Yeah, I have one of those from EOD on my blowback x25 build. It works fine. I built a second x25 that is gas operated and I used a PPS43 magwell welded into the AK receiver. That is the one that I am having some serious feeding issues on. I really could use a pic still of what type profile someone else has sucessfully done to make theirs feed properly. Mine looks great, feeds like crap. LOL. Any rate, thanks for the input.

You didn't machine that one yourself did you? I know that's the same as the EOD magwell, but your pic doesn't have the logo milled into it like mine does.
    Sorry buddy, I can't help you out. I also hang out at weapons guild forum under another user name. I know some of the guys there have built these TOK guns. Even a gas operated one. Post some pics under the AK section and we'll try to get you fixed up. The magwell in the pic did come from E.O.D.
    It was a scrap magwell of his, to give me ideas for my prototype.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

never mind my question in the other thread...the info is in this thread regarding mags and magwells. LOL

good stuff 2nd.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks 54. Any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

from what I no (very little) I would go straight to the gas I had to in large it to get mine running, I no this post started out as bullet guide problem, but if it hand cycles my money is on a gas problem. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

This was old info. I have since gotten it running much better, and it was the bullet guide issue. I had to lay down some more weld material then file it to the shape I wanted, without interfering with the bolt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.