Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x25 Blowback Progress

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default 7.62x25 Blowback Progress

Finished my gas op x25 a few weeks back but still haven't taken it to the range. Figured I would get the blowback done as well, and take them both. This is AK-Builder flat, AMD 65 based pistol trunnion, AK74 front trunnion, EOD bolt/carrier and magwell, as well as a bunch of crap laying around the shop. Plus I put an old copy of an early M16 3 prong flash suppressor on it, just because the barrel looked so plain. She's ready to test fire. Cycles beautifully by hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Lookin good! How do you adjust windage? Might wanna get one of those rpk sights that are windage adjustable but I'm diggin the hk front sight.

Can't tell from the pic but is this a screw or rivet build?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Looks nice, can't wait to hear your test firing report.

akfiend, he could put an HK rear sight on the dust cover, but then you have to make sure it's a tight fitting cover.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I did not know you had a gas project going on, I have to get my a$$ in gear, looks good, we will need a range report,

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

AKfiend, as Coils said, I am planning on a G3 rear sight to go along with the front. Pretty much just for looks though, as I will probably be shooting this one more from the hip than anything else.

Thanks Coils. I can't wait to test and report!

Rapid, yeah, I decided to do one each gas op and blowback. See how they handle and feel as compared to each other. I really like them both. As soon as I get the gas op tested and tuned, I plan to SBR it. It's basically an AK version of an MP5. Great close quarters weapon.

Thanks guys!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I like it!
    +1 on the G3 rear site.
    I'm startin another pistol build, thinkin bout makin a hinged full rail top cover.

Shooter

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks Shooter!

AKfiend, I missed your question earlier about screws or rivets, sorry. It's a screw build. On my "beater" builds, I like to do them with screws first, until I fine tune all of the "non standard" parts, then if I'm bored, I go back through and rivet it. (Usually a year or so later. LOL.)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Well keep us updated, because if this works I'm going to bug you for measurements of the EOD bolt then
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

No problem Coils. I actually purchased the EOD bolt and magwell from a Gunco member used. It was at one time in a firing weapon, so it should perform well. (fingers crossed) I thought about maybe spec'ing out both the magwell and bolt for future reference for folks. I don't reckon that EOD has any kind of ownership to the parts. I hope to report back after this weekend!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I need to get moving on one of these conversions....... Got most of the parts, but need to find the time.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.