Thread: 7.62x45 Any Good?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default 7.62x45 Any Good?

I don't know sh*t about all of the various round's specs, but this one sounded like an interesting size. It's just recently come up on my radar lately, and I know nothing at all about it. Before I go wasting my limited research time, do you experts have an quick opinion as to whether to leave it alone or look into it? TIA,
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Hard to find ammo and very expensive when you do find it. The only weapon I know of that fired it was the Czech VZ-52. It's a neat sized round, but obsolete.

Builder, Destroyer, Hater SLUG36's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

yep, hard to find. Brass can be re-formed from 220 swift brass.
    some VZ52's were converted to 7.62x39 and designated VZ52/57.

I did happen to score some surpluss ammo. 300+ rounds on strippers for $20.
    What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in Volume!!!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

A friend had one of those Czech rifles, it's a neet round but like 555th & SLUG said, it's expensive or hard to get. I think he sold the rifle after he shot all the ammo?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The only weapon I know of that fired it was the Czech VZ-52.
    The Czechs also built an LMG in the caliber. It was short lived and quickly replaced by the x39, despite reportedly superior ballistics and performance.

I can usually find ammo under fifty cents a round. It's generally very dirty and quite corrosive.

vz.52 rifles in superior condition can be difficult to find. Many were coated with black bedliner by the importer to hide stock flaws.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I have a case or 2 left of the x45 ammo for my vz52 but it is VERY corrosive and I have noted only slightly better accuracy then my vz58 in x39. Ballistics are simiar as well (slightly higher velocities) 130 grain at 2440 fps vs x39 of 123 grain at 2340

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

NOT SOME THING I WOULD CONVERT TO. MIGHT BE SOMETHING I WOULD MAKE AMMO FOR IF I ALREADY HAD A GUN THAT SHOT IT AND NO AMMMO.

INTERESTING ROUND BUT IT DONT COMPARE TO A 7.62X5/ 308 THAT IS READLY AVALIABLE

WHAT IS THE MAG AVALIABILTY FOR THE vz 52?? HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A MAG THAT IS SHORTER THAN A 308 WIN BUT LONGER THAN A X39.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Pretty rare to find extra mags. Despite being removable, these were intended to be loaded via stripper clips.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks guys!!! That certainly told me what I needed. Definitely won't wast my time.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.