Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Reamers Available

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

VZ, I was suprized about that round. I looked up the max velocity on it since you mostly hear about the sub sonic 220gr loadings. What I could find between loading manuals and internet lore was that on average the 300 black out was about 100fps slower than the 762x39 which is about 100fps slower than the 30-30 for the same bullet weights. There is usually more than 200fps difference between max loads for any given cartridge using different powders. I don't think the deer won't ever notice if they were shot with a 300 black out, 7.62x39 or the 30-30. For a cheap deer class upper I think I'll give the blackout another look.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I UNDER STAND THE RERASON FOR IT IN A AR. TO ME IT DONT MAKE ANY SENCE FOR A AK UNLESS IT OFFERS MORE THAN THE X39 ROUND AND IT DONT. THEY CLAIM ITS CHEPAER TO SHOOT IF YOU BUY BRASS COMMERCIAL AMMO AN FROM A RELOADING STAND POINT IT MIGHT MAKE SENCE AS 223 & 5.56 BRASS CAN BE USED AND ITS CHEAPER THAN X39 BRASS.

I SEE GUYS BUILDING 300 BLACK OUT BOLT ACTIONS AND UNLESS THERE SURPRESSSED THAT MAKES NO SNECE TO ME AT ALL.

I SUSPOSE ON A AR ITS A GOOD CHOICE AND I APPLAUDE THEM GETTING THE PRICE OF AMMO AN BRASS DOWN.

AS A VERY AVID HUNTER I FEEL THE X39 IS ON THE LIGHT SIDE AND I HUNT WITH ONE A LOT. ID REALLY HATE TO GIVE UP MUCH MORE. IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET A ADDITIONAL 100 OR 200 FPS OUT OF THE X39 AS IT IS. i HAVE BEEN EYEBALLING SOME OF THE NEW LOADES OFFERED BY HORNADY WITH THERE NEW POWDERS AND THYE CLAIM 100 TO 200 FPS OUT OF A BUNCH OF DIFFERANT ROUNDS INCLUDING THE 30-30. SEEMS LIKE SOME LOAD DEVELOPMENT IS IN ORDER WITH THOSE POWDERS ON THE X39. IF THEY CAN GET MORE SPEED OUT OF THE 30-30 IT MAKES SENCE THAT THE X39 CAN BE IMPROVED AS WELL.

ID REALLY LIKE TO SEE 2500 FPS OUT OF THE X39 WITH A 125 GRAIN BULLET IN A 16 INCH BARREL. THAT WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER DEER ROUND.

OK IF i HAVE THIS RIGHT THERE IS THE REMINGTON 30 AR ALREADY AND NOW THE NEW ZOMBIE KILLER IS THE LESS POWERFULL 300 BLACK OUT THAT USES ALL THE SAME BOLT AND CARRIER PARTS.

I WISH THEY WOULD RELEASE A 6.5 REMINGTON AND GET THE BRASS PRICES DOWN. THAT WOULD SELL IT WOULD HAVE MUCH LONGER RANGE POTENTIAL AS WELL AS LESS RECOIL.

NONE OF THESE NEW AR WONDER ROUNDS WILL BEAT A 300 SAVAGE OR A 250 SAVAGE, OR THE OTHER MILDLY LOADED 308 PARENT ROUND VERSIONS LIKE THE
    7MM-08, 243, 260, 308, AND THERE ALL VERY DOABLE ON THE AK PLATFORM.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Biggun the appeal of the 300 blackout for me is two fold. One my 7 year old son has graduated from his 357 mag single shot rifle for deer season to a semi auto ( he has proven bis ability for careful shots not squeeze as fast as you can). I prefer the ar platform for him as he has begun target shooting my 223 ar's. So the platform is set. Next I looked at the various caliber. My 308 and 243 ar 10 are too much for him. 223 is too weak. 6.5 and 6.8 are possible as is 762x39. But I shot a 300 whisper and noticed the weak recoil. So I went 300 blackout since it is being loaded by several companies. The second reason is the fun factor of suppressing it. 300 blackout is a substantial improvement over 357 for deer hunting. When he gets a little bigger we will move on to pistol hunting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am also choosing the ar15 for a starter gun for my son. With the collapsable stock and mild rounds they can fit the little guys easier than modifying a standard gun. I have a 6x45 upper that I was going to use, as it also has very mild recoil, but I'm still not convinced that he can reliably get a hear shot with it. He was sitting with me when I got a little 8pt opening weekend of bow hunting so he is chomping at the bit to go. He has to be older to go in MI and it doesn't look like we'll make it to MO to my buddys farm this year, and I'm not sure what the age in WI is to go hunt my sisters farm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Biggun the appeal of the 300 blackout for me is two fold. One my 7 year old son has graduated from his 357 mag single shot rifle for deer season to a semi auto ( he has proven bis ability for careful shots not squeeze as fast as you can). I prefer the ar platform for him as he has begun target shooting my 223 ar's. So the platform is set. Next I looked at the various caliber. My 308 and 243 ar 10 are too much for him. 223 is too weak. 6.5 and 6.8 are possible as is 762x39. But I shot a 300 whisper and noticed the weak recoil. So I went 300 blackout since it is being loaded by several companies. The second reason is the fun factor of suppressing it. 300 blackout is a substantial improvement over 357 for deer hunting. When he gets a little bigger we will move on to pistol hunting.
    LOL HALF MY PROJECTS HAVE BEEN SETTING UP GUNS FOR MY SON. I SEE THE BALCK OUT AS A GOOD OPTION FOR THE AR. AND SUPRESSED IT MAKES A LOT OF SENCE. AND IF YOUR SON IS SHOOTING A AR WELL THEN THAT GREAT.

and I'm not sure what the age in WI is to go hunt my sisters farm
    IN WI THEY HAVE TO BE 10 YEARS OLS AND ACOMPANIED BY AN ADULT WITH IN ARMS REACH. THEY DONT HAVE TO HAVE HUNTERS SAFTEY . THERE IS A SPECIAL YOUTH SEASON IN OCTOBER AROUND THE 9TH. THEY CAN ALSO HUNT THE REGULAR SEASON WITH A ARMS REACH SUPERVISION. THEY DO HAVE TO BUY A LISCENCE AND TAGS. DURING THE REGULAR SEASON YOU AND THE SUPERVISOR HAVE TO SHARE THE SAME GUN AND ONLY ONE GUN IS ALLOWED. A COLLAPSABLE STOCK MAKES A LOT OF SENCE FOR THIS AS YOU CAN ADJUST IT FOR YOUR SELF AND BACK IN SECONDS SO YOU CAN BOTH SHOOT DEER ONT HE SAME DAY. HOPE THIS HELPS. MY SON IS ELEVEN THIS YEAR WE WILL BE USING THE AR STOCKED AK IN 7.62X39 I BUILT HIM LAST YEAR WITH A SAIGA FORE GRIP AND LEOPULD SCOPE.

12 YEAR OLDS ARE ALOWED TO TAKE HUNTERS SAFETY AND HUNT BY THEMSLEVES I BELEIVE.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks 1biggun, sounds like WI is the same as MI. He's got another year and a few months to get to 10. Last I looked he could hunt in MO with an adult during the youth season. Perhaps next year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.