Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Contemplating New Build: 22-250, .260 Rem., or 6.5 Grendel

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

for the optic mount you can weld a rail to a machined down RSb but if your going to get serious about building a target set up you really need to go bigger on the OD and that requires more work. as you will need to mod the barrel bore onthe bottom of the block and then machine the top off to take a rail and to be honest the rail needs to be thicker to do a canterliver set up but it will work. i machine my rails from scratch. the other route that is not as pretty is to weld in a steel bar and then attach a aluminum rail on top of that.

On my kids hunting build I wanted the scope low as possable so I milled out the under side of the rail so the cover would still come off with the optic rail lower.

if you dont hand load there is no sence making a custom mag and mag well for seating bullets out further as you cant buy them like that unless you custom ordered them from some custom ammo maker.

a 20" or so heavy barrel fast with a twist will let you shoot 69 grain match kings well and you can try the hornady 75 grain stuff. it will also shoot 50 grain bullets well
    ( mine does.)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

here is a link of a rough build I tossed together for my son last years deer season. it has a good pic of the mount. it works but I dont know how much rough handleing it would take. note how low I was able to get it, the dust cover will just come off. i can still get the FCG still in and all that and its still easy enough to clean.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f50/10-y...ting-ak-58269/

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah, I like that cantilevered set-up. Will at Red Jacket posted a pic when I was asking about their builds that shows the steel rail from Brownells welded on the top of a milled off RSB, then the welds smoothed. It looks great, but is probably 1/4" higher than yours.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yeah, I like that cantilevered set-up. Will at Red Jacket posted a pic when I was asking about their builds that shows the steel rail from Brownells welded on the top of a milled off RSB, then the welds smoothed. It looks great, but is probably 1/4" higher than yours.

wonder were they got that idea from LOL were is that picture posed BTW?? there is thread here lileky in the build it your self section about the same thing. Id find it but the searchalways say I need three wordes regardless of how many I type in. worthless IMOO

Add some side support to the LH side if you make one form scratch to stiffen it up. also see the the one I did years ago on my varmint rifle build.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

this the one on my varmint rifle I did over 5 years ago. its a section oif a RSB with a heavy piece of square stock welded on the bottom and the top milled off and a hand milled steel rail addded on the top the tube floats and is hled in by a allen screw through a stand off.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Here's the thread that has the pics of Will's stuff.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f36/redj...7-62x39-32019/
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I RECALL THAT THREAD.

you wont need a rail that long. you realy dont need a steel rail. in reality you only need a way to attach rings. a steel bar can be welded to the rsb and you can use that to do a lot of differant things. a aluiminum section of rail can be had for about $5 drill and tap the bar to accept that. there are also rings that can be screwed directly to a flat or rounded surface with no scope base. lot of ways to go here. main thing is get the mount off the reciver.

any one know of the cheapest source of RSB's these days?? stripped ot he sight is fine?????/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.