Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 9mm ak from scratch

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cool, what if you made insertable magwells mountable to the truinnion for different common mags? Can you post dimension, when you get them?

I can heat treat a couple if you want.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Double post
    Last edited by The Dark Knight; 12-24-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: my brother got me a new tablet, double post

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

dk, get off my wavelength! damn i need to repair the hole in my tin foil hat. you were reading my mind. i started a magwell model before i left the office.

i want to do one in 22 as well. the new ruger 10/22 25 rounder is very solid.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Some of the Molot rifles used a squared-off top cover. You could cut and fold one, and weld the back after bending it down. Heck, provide some tabs on the back section and I bet you could use trigger guard rivets to hold it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I considered a flat top dust cover that would secure into the trunion as a easy way to add a scopoe or rail. there is no need to be stuck with the AK dust cover here, it would also make it easier to get some weight into the carrier/bolt if needed. they could also be made for about 75 cents in a simple jig or on a break. there are a lot of ways to simplify this to reduce cost and the need for original parts.

I pistion. rod is nice but it sort of make doing a floating barrel build harder. i think a gude rod set up like seen in the supper short barrel builds woukd be a better set up as it would allow short builds. floating barrel builds and also would make a GB unnessacary removing weight. there is no need to copy a Gas gun and a orginal AK here. I lkie the idea of using the reciver as is because its cheap and easy and the trigger parts are damm near free as you will not likely need 922 stuff.

If i was designing a trunion to be milled on a cnc set up it would have material for a rail and a way to trun a gude rod back to the rear trunion. Id eleminate the need for a RSB completly id make the trunion so it had all of that included. Id loose the leaf sight compltely it simply will not be needed in a pistol round that will likelynever shoot past 200 yards simply put a boss for a scrwing down a rail. if you want open sights use a AR type sight that goes onthe rail..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ooh, did my stupid question inspire you? Niiiiccceee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFetus View Post
    ooh, did my stupid question inspire you? Niiiiccceee
    Hell yes!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

you should make the "hinge block/rsb" as wide as the trunnion and the top of the bolt/carrier the same way so there's more weight and heck then i could do my dream build of a skorpion on steriods and use a rectangle tube for the receiver and weld the trunnion in with a removable rear trunnion for take down and a small grip housing (mg42) with ar15 fcg hehehehe
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jreifsch80 View Post
    you should make the "hinge block/rsb" as wide as the trunnion and the top of the bolt/carrier the same way so there's more weight and heck then i could do my dream build of a skorpion on steriods and use a rectangle tube for the receiver and weld the trunnion in with a removable rear trunnion for take down and a small grip housing (mg42) with ar15 fcg hehehehe
    ok! hell at this point is a cad model so lets take it to wherever it goes. i want a scorpion type anyway.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I also considerd a square tube reciver but decided the ak reciver was just to easy to add alreadly avaliable parts . but a square tube with a removable rear trunion is easly doable. there are a lot of ways to go it all depends oin how much machine work you want to do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.