Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: 9mm ak from scratch

  1. #21
    Gunco Veteran jreifsch80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,253
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    ok! hell at this point is a cad model so lets take it to wherever it goes. i want a scorpion type anyway.
    You could have the front rounded and smaller diameter for smoother lines transitioning from the trunnion to the barrel also would give it a scorpion type look so are you just designing or do you have the means to cut some of these lol either way is cool but if you can cut these I'd love doing a skorpion type myself
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

  2. #22
    Gunco Veteran jreifsch80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,253
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Actually with a square tube receiver (or even an ak) you could have the ejector slot on the bottom of the bolt so the ejector could be riveted on the bottom like an Uzi or maybe the ejector slot in the middle on the bottom for guys like me that would Do top ejection haha yes like a skorpion
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

  3. #23
    Gunco Regular smartbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee Fl
    Posts
    709
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jreifsch80 View Post
    so are you just designing or do you have the means to cut some of these
    i am drawing these up for a training run for our lab guys. they just got a haas setup that was really high dollar. they are in school to run it now and want some models to cut as guinea pigs. i am shooting for 4-5 sets for some projects i have waiting.

    i plan on posting the 3d files and if someone else has access to a cnc then they can cut at will.

    also if you have some rough sketches of something i can crank out some drawings fairly easy.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

  4. #24
    Gunco Veteran muttman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    west, TN.
    Posts
    1,172
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    thanks for posting your ideas smartbomb, I have copyed them to work out a boldt for my 9mm build, have made the trunion but the boldt I could not see in my minds eye.

    muttman

  5. #25
    Gunco Veteran jreifsch80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,253
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    i am drawing these up for a training run for our lab guys. they just got a haas setup that was really high dollar. they are in school to run it now and want some models to cut as guinea pigs. i am shooting for 4-5 sets for some projects i have waiting.

    i plan on posting the 3d files and if someone else has access to a cnc then they can cut at will.

    also if you have some rough sketches of something i can crank out some drawings fairly easy.
    if you by chance happen to ever have a spare set please let me know lol
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

  6. #26
    Gunco Regular smartbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee Fl
    Posts
    709
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muttman View Post
    thanks for posting your ideas smartbomb, I have copyed them to work out a boldt for my 9mm build, have made the trunion but the boldt I could not see in my minds eye.
    E
    muttman
    Want the cad file? Out of town till next Thursday but can get it to you after
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

  7. #27
    Gunco Regular smartbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee Fl
    Posts
    709
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jreifsch80 View Post
    if you by chance happen to ever have a spare set please let me know lol
    Can do. Would like to find a cnc operator to do a group run/buy
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

  8. #28
    Gunco Veteran muttman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    west, TN.
    Posts
    1,172
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    Want the cad file? Out of town till next Thursday but can get it to you after
    pm me when you get back. muttman

  9. #29
    Gunco Regular smartbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee Fl
    Posts
    709
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muttman View Post
    pm me when you get back. muttman
    10-4
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

  10. #30
    GuncoHolic 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Taylors, S.C.
    Posts
    4,590
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

    Default

    I have my EOD bolt from my x25 pistol, that I was thinking of taking to a machine shop to see how much a run of say 10 each copies would be. I need one for my 2XTM 9mm build.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

    "If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •