Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2XTM 9mm Build Progress

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You're welcome. I'd love to have an AK in 9mm. I can't wait to see yours once it's finished.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well, I have a few parts on the way thanks to Jreifsch80. Also was able to swing 2 Suomi drums from CFS for $24.99 each. Need those to fit the magwell to. Then fit the magwell to the receiver. Now I need a cheap trigger guard. Might make one if I can find the drawing again. Machine shop still has my EOD bolt, so he can give me a quote on 10 each partial copies. We decided to do the main body of the bolt/carrier only. The tube for the recoil spring is welded on after the fact, and the end user could take care of that. We'll see.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Well, I have a few parts on the way thanks to Jreifsch80. Also was able to swing 2 Suomi drums from CFS for $24.99 each. Need those to fit the magwell to. Then fit the magwell to the receiver. Now I need a cheap trigger guard. Might make one if I can find the drawing again. Machine shop still has my EOD bolt, so he can give me a quote on 10 each partial copies. We decided to do the main body of the bolt/carrier only. The tube for the recoil spring is welded on after the fact, and the end user could take care of that. We'll see.
    I sent you my e-mail. I just need an un finished body. I can mill it down myself. I hate to spend $210, just to cut it up.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwailo View Post
    I sent you my e-mail. I just need an un finished body. I can mill it down myself. I hate to spend $210, just to cut it up.
    I'll post here what the machine shop says about cost for the 10 each. If it's reasonable, and I can get a few other folks like yourself that are interested, it will be a "go". I'll keep you informed.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Let me know what your quote is. I know a machinest also. He does really good work and is very fare on his prices. I taked to him about making complete bolts at one time. I think he quoted me $150, but I can't remember for sure.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

. The tube for the recoil spring is welded on after the fact, and the end user could take care of that. We'll see.
    Thats a good Idea.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

and I can get a few other folks like yourself that are interested, it will be a "go".
    Depending on the price I might be interested, been trying to start on one for a while and can't find the time.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Coils, as soon as I get the pricing, I'll let everyone know. I'll start a new thread just for the bolts.

Well, yesterday I cleaned up and modified the front trunnion that I got from Justin. I drilled up the receiver for the front trunnion, threaded it 10-32, and installed it. I temp installed the barrel and gas tube to check everything. Looks good. The drum mags are due in today, so I can fit the mags to the magwell. Then I need to spot weld the rails in, and install and fit the magwell permanently. Smartbomb is sending me a fixed stock rear trunnion, a recoil spring assembly, and a trigger guard. Thanks Smart!!!

The big item is obviously the bolt/carrier. I think that temporarily I'm going to use my EOD bolt. The ones I'm having machined are basically the same dimensions, so once the replacement comes, it should swap out fairly easily.

Thanks again to all of you guys who have helped with spare parts, etc.... It's much appreciated!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

chris. its all good! parts should be on their way soon. keep me in the loop on the bolt. i want to try one.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    chris. its all good! parts should be on their way soon. keep me in the loop on the bolt. i want to try one.
    Thanks!!! Will definitely keep you in the loop.

Update: Got my mags yesterday from CFS, and cleaned them up. I like the way they work. Test fit them and both of them fit pretty good right off the bat. I don't think that I will have to remove any material from the bottom of the magwell. Using my EOD bolt at the moment to test, and the bolt is wider than the slot in the feed tower (if you can call it that) on the drum. I need to investigate further, and see where I'm going to remove material. Probably a little from both the mags as well as the sides of the bolt. I need to be careful though, as the bolt is designed to work with a double feed mag, and the drum is single feed. Don't want to take too much off where it won't properly strip rounds from a double feed mag.

Here's a pic with the mag inserted:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.