Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2XTM 9mm Build Progress

Feedback Score

Hello 2nd,
    Perhaps a copy of the AK drum feed system on the 9mm drum ???
    The AK drum is wide for the dual feed bolt but is still a single-position feed device using a lower feed gate in place of the 2nd feed lip.

VD

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

chris

what was the target weight on the gas op bolt you made?
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Scott, I think it was 9.5 oz, IIRC.

Viper, I did a fair amount of work on it last night, and discovered that my issue isn't the width of the feed lips on the mag. That is ok, and actually can not be changed via clearancing the mag side, without seriously affecting how the rounds hold in place at the top. Any rate, at the time I originally thought there might me an issue, I had not heat treated, spot welded the rails, or installed the center support. Once I did all of that yesteday, plus some final fitment of the magwell itself, everything came into better alignment.

I use the AK-Builder top rail scribe jig, and I always cut a little long to the outside of my scribe line. I hadn't shaved it down far enough, so it was pushing the bolt carrier to the left, out of alignment with the mag. Once I file that down, it should be fine. Thanks for the input.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

must have front sight/gas block

me likey. what trunnion/tube is that?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    must have front sight/gas block

me likey. what trunnion/tube is that?
    I "think" its a Galil. I picked up the barrel assy and magwell from Pat Simpson. He had already done some work with it. The front sight/gas block was temp installed, as was the lower handguard retainer. I really like the look of the Galil front sight assy. I think I'm going to switch top covers with my gas op x25, because I had installed a home made semi-Krink style rear sight on it, only farther aft than on a Krink. I think it would line up and work perfect with the Galil front sight.

The trunnion is a standard European AKM, that had been hacked all to hell. Justin sent it to me, and it's perfect for my needs.

I don't have too much left to do to it this evening till I'm outa parts. Big issue is still waiting on a quote from the machine shop. Hopefully I'll get it on Monday. Even though I am dealing with them as a paying "customer", he is still kinda stuck in that "doing it free for a friend" mode, and seems to be putting the bigger jobs ahead of mine. It's understandable, as their bread n butter is doing a bunch of stuff for the Michelin tire plant. I'm just impatient.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

cool. i like the cleanliness of the top half minus the rsb. your parts should ship today. i cant ever seem to get to the post office during the week.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    cool. i like the cleanliness of the top half minus the rsb. your parts should ship today. i cant ever seem to get to the post office during the week.
    Yeah me too. It just looks right on there.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the help.

I had some better pics showing the drum/magwell/bolt relationship, but for some reason when I try to save them onto my computer or thumbdrive, the dang thing won't let me. Sucks, as they were clear as a bell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

looking good chris, when my buddy showed me his kit he picked up cheap that was a former weld build he thought ruined trunnion i right away thought blowback trunnion lol anyway i knew that would come in handy for someone.

by the way chris i hope you can get those bolts made soon i'm going nuts and looking to finish mine finally, all i need is my bolt and to assemble it on a receiver.

here's my mock up if i were to build it as an sbr (would start with a perm pinned extension) just so everyone knows it is not riveted or welded or anything so nothing is actually installed on the receiver in fact it's not functional at all

"Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That looks great Justin!!! I like that combination of parts. Works good together.

I hope to know something today about the per piece price from the machine shop. As soon as I find out, I'm gonna start a new stand alone thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know if this seller is a member here, but I saw this on GB....

ak 9mm project, 2xtm magwell, suomi barrel, mag

ak 9mm project, 2xtm magwell, suomi barrel, mag : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.