Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2XTM 9mm Build Progress

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Hey Johnny, why don't you pick it up and build it! All the hard to find parts are there, the rest is reasonably easy.

All, I am still waiting on the machine shop, dangit! He's kinda slow, but their work is absolutely outstanding. They do a lot of work for Lockheed Martin, and Michelin Tire.

Still awaiting some parts. Here's where I'm at right now:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

CHRIS, YOUR PARTS ARE ON THE WAY. i promise
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Hey Johnny, why don't you pick it up and build it! All the hard to find parts are there, the rest is reasonably easy.

All, I am still waiting on the machine shop, dangit! He's kinda slow, but their work is absolutely outstanding. They do a lot of work for Lockheed Martin, and Michelin Tire.

Still awaiting some parts. Here's where I'm at right now:

I wish I could. I have no mechanical skills at all and my free time is spent on my side business of refinishing AK furniture, so I'll have to wait until one becomes commercially available. I want one badly! Your rifle looks AWESOME! I admire your work.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks Smart!!!! LOL. Yeah, I can just about finish her up once I get the parts from you. I think I am going to set it up to use my EOD bolt, and just swap back n forth as needed until I can get the machine shop deal going.

Johnny, hopefully there will be an American made 9mm AK before too long. I hear from a LOT of people who are interested in buying one if/when someone makes them available commercially.

Thanks for the compliments, but I have to admit that I got the front end and magwell from another Gunco member, so I can't take all the credit. Lots of it, but not all of it, LOL!!
    BTW, the work you do with the stocks,etc.. looks great. If I didn't enjoy refinishing my own so much, I would have bought from you. Very nice work.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Smart!!!! LOL. Yeah, I can just about finish her up once I get the parts from you. I think I am going to set it up to use my EOD bolt, and just swap back n forth as needed until I can get the machine shop deal going.

Johnny, hopefully there will be an American made 9mm AK before too long. I hear from a LOT of people who are interested in buying one if/when someone makes them available commercially.

Thanks for the compliments, but I have to admit that I got the front end and magwell from another Gunco member, so I can't take all the credit. Lots of it, but not all of it, LOL!!
    BTW, the work you do with the stocks,etc.. looks great. If I didn't enjoy refinishing my own so much, I would have bought from you. Very nice work.
    Why thank you sir! Perhaps some day I'll be able to get into building AK's. It sure looks like a lot of fun. You're not too far from Charlotte, so if I ever get around to it I'll have to look you up.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm only 90 minutes from downtown Charlotte, so if you find yourself headed to ATL or something, give me a heads up, and we can try to hook up. Building is addictive by the way. Once you do the first one, and get to fire this cool weapon that only days or weeks before was just a pile of scrap parts, you're hooked. LOL.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

chris finally in the mail!!!!!
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    chris finally in the mail!!!!!
    Thanks Scott!!! I really appreciate it. Might be able to shoot this thing next weekend!!!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm only 90 minutes from downtown Charlotte, so if you find yourself headed to ATL or something, give me a heads up, and we can try to hook up. Building is addictive by the way. Once you do the first one, and get to fire this cool weapon that only days or weeks before was just a pile of scrap parts, you're hooked. LOL.

I'll definitely let you know if I can. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Got some parts in from Smartbomb, and was able to get it almost finished. Installed rear trunnion and recoil spring. I wasn't sure how I was going to hold the gas tube in place. It doesn't have the slots/tabs to install like a Galil, so I figured I would rather put a metal strap over it, than to weld it to the trunnion. Strap seems to work just fine, and it's removeable with 3 screws. Temp installed the TG so I could measure for the mag release addition that I will have to weld on to properly hold the mags. With the mag held in place by hand it cycled a couple rounds perfect. I can't wait to finish this thing up and test it. I'm also attempting to make my own muzzle break for it, so we'll see how that goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.