Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2XTM 9mm Build Progress

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

looks great chris! hey ive been thinking if it's a blowback then why do you "need" to have the "gas tube" removable? it's not like you'd have to clean it much other than residue that gets in there but it's not like gas is blowing in
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Probably will wind up welding it, but for the moment I went with a screw down strap. Got some more done last night. She's almost ready to test fire. Should be ready to test this weekend, if I can get any time off of work.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

More pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    More pics:

Awesome!!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Thanks Johnny. It really feels good now that I have the mag release sorted out. Locks nice and tight, but still releases reasonably easy. Hand cycling using the EOD bolt from my 7.62x25 blowback pistol build works nice and smooth. strips, feeds, seats, and ejects fine. Just a couple of small things to finish up, then test. Once she is running good, then I'll go ahead and finish the metal. Not sure if I'm gonna repair the cosmetic part of the cracked front handguard, or just replace it. I dropped it when I was swapping the furniture on one of my Bulgy 74's, and it snapped right off when it hit the floor. I recently drilled/pinned/Gorilla glued it, and it seems to be solid as a rock. I just need to sand it back down, then re-poly it with the Minnwax satin poly. Not sure whether I'm gonna Cold Blue it, or go with the flat black Alumahyde.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Been following this build from the beginning.
    I really like the TOK drum feeders and your turned out great.

Aluma Hyde II is a great finish for the cost and is good at hiding small blems.

Shooter

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I cannot wait to see the finished product. Very excited!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter17 View Post
    Been following this build from the beginning.
    I really like the TOK drum feeders and your turned out great.

Aluma Hyde II is a great finish for the cost and is good at hiding small blems.

Shooter

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the Aluma Hyde then. Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

OK, I finished most of the mechanicals last night. Only thing left before a hopeful Sunday test fire, is to weld on the bolt stop extension, and set headspace. Will do that this evening when I get home from work. I have to do a little weld and file on one of my drum mags also. The mag lock area on the mag itself is worn and the mag won't sit tight enough to feed without pushing it up by hand. The other drum is nice and tight, and feeds great.

I can't wait to try it!!!!! Finger crossed that all goes well tomorrow. (Weather and the rifle.)Also gonna test my Yugo M76, and re-test my 7.62x25 Gas Op AK pistol. (It had some feeding issues that I'm pretty sure I have straightened out.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I actually had an idea for the bolt stop. Instead of welding a block on, drill and tap the factory bolt stop on the trunnion for a stop bolt with a jamb nut. Maybe even tack weld it after getting the headspace set. I can't remember how much material is there, so I don't know if it would support a 10-32 hole, or if I would have to do an 8-32. I'm pretty sure that a 10-32 bolt, correctly chosen of course, could handle the the linear compression, (especially if I washer it up to help support the shank) but I'm not sure that an 8-32 could handle the repeated pounding. I'm gonna check it out after I get home. May not need to be in much of a rush to get it ready to test tomorrow, as its supposed to rain. That sucks! The guy I was going with was bringing a 1919a4!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.