Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: more gas op 9mm bs

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Oh ok, I understand now. I was confused, sorry.

Gwailo, sorry for all the delays, but I'm still waiting on my machine shop. The foreman thinks it's going to come out too expensive with the shop doing it, so he is putting together numbers for several different scenarios. First is:

2, 5, and 10 pieces with him doing it on his own spare time.

Second:

10, 20 and 30 with "the company" doing it.

He is unfortunately very busy with lots of work for Michelin Tire at the moment, and this quote keeps getting delayed. As soon as I get word, I'll put up a thread specifically for it.

Scott, sorry to hijack your thread.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

chris, no worries. all heading in the same direction.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Oh ok, I understand now. I was confused, sorry.

Gwailo, sorry for all the delays, but I'm still waiting on my machine shop. The foreman thinks it's going to come out too expensive with the shop doing it, so he is putting together numbers for several different scenarios. First is:

2, 5, and 10 pieces with him doing it on his own spare time.

Second:

10, 20 and 30 with "the company" doing it.

He is unfortunately very busy with lots of work for Michelin Tire at the moment, and this quote keeps getting delayed. As soon as I get word, I'll put up a thread specifically for it.

Scott, sorry to hijack your thread.
    I need a carrier like the EOD one, but with a squared back like in the Vityaz carrier in the pic I posted.
    1. The overall body length needs to 11/16 shorter
    2. The recoil spring tube needs to be 11/16 deeper
    3. I don't want the EOD bolt stop cut in the top left corner also.
    If your guy can do this great, but if not just let me know. I have another guy who will do it for around $150

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I CAN PONY UP FOR A GROUP BUY

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Has anyone built a gas-op 9mm yet? I've only seen blow back in this caliber
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

A gas operated 9mm is possible in an ar15 http://www.gunco.net/forums/f255/gas...der-9-a-58984/ and I believe it would be an easier build in an ak type gun since you could have a much larger gas port closer to the piston. With the ar15 you are limited to gas port size by the inside diameter of the gas tube. You can put a 1/4" port on the barrel, but the id of the gas tube is around .118" so anything over that isn't really doing anything. On the ak, you can drill out the gas passage in the gas block larger, plus the gas is acting directly on the piston verses going up a gas block, making a 90 degree turn, down a tube, making another turn into an expansion chamber. I thought someone had a switchbarrel 762x25 and 9mm that were gas op on the ak receiver? Cant remember offhand who it was, so here's some 9mm DI guns
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah I remebered your AR build, I just never seen an AK build yet.
    The switch barrel your thinking of is most likely azhonkey's. I think it's blow back?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    The switch barrel your thinking of is most likely azhonkey's. I think it's blow back?
    Yeah, I think Azhonkey's switch barrel was blowback. Damn nice set-up.

Biggest issue I can think of with a gas op AK, is getting the bolt/carrier light enough, and I would actually try to lower the hammer pin holes just a hair to change the geometry enough to make it easier for the carrier to set the hammer.

Scott, as soon as I get pricing, and if it's going to be reasonable with a large run, then we will definitely go for a group buy. I'll post a separate thread as soon as I get the quote.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

HEY CHRIS, I AM BITING MY NAILS IN ANTICIPATION!!!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post

I finally found it and you're right Coils I was picturing azhonkeys build. There was a 762x25 gas op build maybe 4-6 years ago though, built on an ak74 receiver. IIRC it had the black plastic stock set on it. My internet is running glacially slow when I'm running the searches in the ak built it section and I've given up looking. If someone can find that thread I think it would help out quite a bit even though there are differences in the pressures and pressure curves between the two rounds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.