Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: more gas op 9mm bs

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default more gas op 9mm bs

i have run this question else where and thought i would ask here as well. there is just so much crap to learn that i think i am loosing my mind.

so most gas op 9mm/x25 ak builds require lightening the carrier. from what i have seen, the carrier looks like swiss cheese. my feeble brain says to do something completely different. my thought was to emulate the sks. an sks has a separate piston and bolt, with the piston floating in the tube. the bolt gets kicked by the piston as the gas acts on it. i'm thinking, the ak carrier gets cut somewhere forward of the bolt (makes it lighter). the bolt gets its push from an sks type gas piston. the carrier itself can ride rearward on its rails and a spring/guide rod similar to an rpk. am i nuts or is this plausible
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Issues of your mental health aside, yes it sounds plausible. You could cut the entire front off the carrier, essentially flat faced like the FAL. Install a bushing in the gastube and set it up with a return spring.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

yep exactly how my warped mind pictured it!!!

damn damn damn!!!!

Feedback Score

Hey bud,
    Your putting way too much thought into this. The EOD carrier weight is almost perfect for a standard AK 47 recoil assembly on a full sized receivered AK. I based my carrier off of it, but with a few changes so it would work with the 9mm round and I also timed it not to fire out of battery. You need to make a stop plate on the recoil assembly or use a buffer to keep the carrier from jumping the rails though. Look at the Vityaz recoil assembly in this pic.
    P.S. No I don't have all measurements at this time as per the Saiga 12 question.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

agreed as it pertains to a blowback setup. i am referring to a gas operated system. the eod is a great solution, but i was trying to work within the limits of what i have on hand.

and i will have to say thats one hot rifle.

Feedback Score

Oh, ok.
    Yes I like that rifle myself. Can't wait to finish mine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Be sure to post some details. I am still on the fence between blowback and gas op.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That Vityaz is freaking awesome. Somewhere down my list of builds I want to do, is a clone of that. I have a similar type weapon with my gas op x25 build, and I might do a visual conversion on it, and SBR it. It looks too good with a folder not to SBR it.

Scott, if you start building this gas op 9mm as you proposed, please document it well with pics, as this sounds very interesting. BTW, did you mean PKM, as the RPK is the same as a standard AK?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    That Vityaz is freaking awesome. Somewhere down my list of builds I want to do, is a clone of that. I have a similar type weapon with my gas op x25 build, and I might do a visual conversion on it, and SBR it. It looks too good with a folder not to SBR it.

Scott, if you start building this gas op 9mm as you proposed, please document it well with pics, as this sounds very interesting. BTW, did you mean PKM, as the RPK is the same as a standard AK?
    Any new info on them bolts you were going to have made? I'm working on a shorter receiver. The Vityaz is 11/16 shorter than a standard receiver.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

CHRIS

I HAVE AN RPK BCG/TRUNNION AND SPRING. THE SPRING I SENT YOU IS TYPICAL OF WHAT I NORMALLY SEE, A SPRING WITH 2 U SHAPED WIRES INSIDE. HOWEVER, THE RPK SPRING I HAVE HAS A SOLID ROD RUNNING HALF THE LENGTH. I LOOKS AS IF THE ROD FITS JUST AFT OF THE CARRIER WHEN ASSEMBLED.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/popup_image.php/pID/1894

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.