Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 220 & 6mm BEGGS ON A AK47 BOLT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

NO REPLIES FROM MR BEGGS AND I ALSO HAVE TRIED TO JOIN BENCHREST CENTRAL AN THEY DONT EMIL ME INSTRUCTIONS WHEN I TRY TO JOIN I HAVE BEEN AT IT FOR A WEEK. MAYBE THEY DONT NEED MEAMBERS?????????

I WISH I HAD SOME PPC 22 OR 6MM ROUNDS TO PLAY WITH .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I HAVE BEEN UN ABLE TO CONTACT MR BEGGS. OR GET ON BENCHREST.COM.

I HAVE BEEN THINKING WHAT I REALLY WANT THE GUN TO DO AN THAT IS THROW LONG LOW BC 6MM BULLETS AS FAST AS POSSABLE. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE AR TURBO AGAIN IT HAS ABOUT THE BEST SPEED YOUR GOING TO GET SHORT OF WSSM BASED ROUND OUT OF A AK/AR MAG WELL. THERE IS THE 30RAR THATS REALLT NICE AN BEGGING TO BE NECKED DOWN AS WELL AS A 6MM BENCH REST VARIATIANTS,

NONE OF THE ABOVE ROUND ARE FOR CERTAIN GOING TO WORK IN A STANDARD ar MAG. i LIKE THE 6MM-220RUSSIAN/ 6MMX39 BUT IM FEELING ID BE GIVING UP TO MUCH POWDER CAPACAITY. TIM SURE THEY WOULD BE A GREAT ROUND BUT I DOUBT ANY ONE WOULD BUY A AK BARREL IF IT WAS CHAMBERED IN A ROUND SLOWER THAN THE 6MMX 45 / 6MM-223 OR A NECKED DOWN GRENDEL ie THE 6MM AR OR 6MM RAT OR WHAT EVER THE GUY WHO IS SELLING HIS VERSION OF A NECKED DOWN GRENDAL IS.

THE 6MMAR TURBO WITH THE SOULDER PUSHED AHEAD IS A PRETTY GOOD AN USES GRENDAL BRASS IS ABOUT 200 FPS FASTER THAN A 6MM PPC AT THE SAME PRESSURES . THERE IS GOOD LUPIA BRASS AN ITS NOT SUPER EXPENSIVE.

HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY 6.5 GRENDEL THAY CAN PUT IN A 7.62X39 MAG AN SEE HOW IT FITS???????

MY MAIN GOAL WAS A 6MM THAT IS FASTER THAN THE 6MM-223 AN WAS A BARREL SWAP ONLY AN POSSABLY A FEED RAMP MOD , THAT FEED FROM A STANDARD MAG.

IM FEELING LIKE THE 6MM BEGGS OR A SIMPLE NECKED UP 220 RUSSIAN WOULD BE LACKING WITH HEAVY BULLETS. IT WOULD BE GREAT WITH 65 TO 80 GRAIN BULLETS HOW EVER.

I HAVE BEEN WONDERING HOW A BENCH REST OR 1.5" BARNES ROUND WOULD DO IF IT GOT THE SAME CASE TAPER BUT ONLY BIGGER OD IN A AK MAG???

IT WOULD LIKELY FEED WELL AN WORK IN THE CURVED MAG. MIGHT LOSE A LITTLE MAG CAPACITY BUT EVEN WITH THE TAPER YOU STILL COULD HAVE A 40 DEGREE NECK AN LIKELY HAVE MORE CASE CAPAICTY THAN A GRENDEL. IT WOULD NEED A 308 WIN SIZE BOLT FACE BUT THATS NO PROBLEM IN A AK.

THERE WERE SOME 6MM BENCH REST GUNS BUILT ON THE AR PLATFORM BTW.

I WISH I HAD A 30 ROUNDS OF EVERY NEW ROUND OUT THERE TO SEE WHAT WILL FIT AN CYCLE INTO A DUMMY BARREL

I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO A 308X1.5 BARNES AK MAYBE A 6MM VERSION WOULD BE BETTER.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WHAT IF THIS 6MM BENCH REST ROUND WAS GIVERN SOME BODY TAPER TO LAY IN A STANDARD AK MAG???? MORE CASE CAPICITY THAN A 7.62X39 CASE. hmmmmmmm

Guide to 6BR, 6mm BR Norma, 6mm, 30 BR cartridge, with Reloading Data, Lapua Brass Specs, Velocity and Recoil Data, Barrel Twist rate, Ammo and Cartridge history.

Feedback Score

If you open up the bolt face for the 308 derived cartridge you could open it up enough for a 6.5x55 Sewed derived cartage. The added girth would give some more case capacity. If you could do that and use a 5.45 or 223 magazine To reduce the amount of body taper you could have some decent case capacity.

I used the case capacity calculator over on this web page. Case Capacities
    I combined dimensions from ackley 243 and 6.5x55 Swede and got a case capacity of 36.6, I also did it for a 6.5 Swede cut off at 1.57756 in just to see it reported back 48.5 grains of water capacity.

When I was looking for dimensions I did run Into this web page 6.5x39_25
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WHAT IS THE AVALIABILITY OF BOXER PRIMED BRASS ON THE 6.5X55 ???

SEEMS LIKE THE ROUND IN THE LINK IS BASICALY A GRENDEL.

THE 6MM AR TURBO WITH A 40 DEGREE NECK IS LOOKING PRETTY GOOD.

HOW EVER FOR WHAT ITS GOING TO TAKE TO GET IT MADE AN BUY A REAMER i CAN JUST DO A 243 WIN EASIER.

i LIKED THE 6MM BEGGS BECAUSE IT WAS BETTTER THAN A 223 FOR ABOUT EVERYTHING AN WAS ALSO GOING TO SHOOT FLATER THAN A 30 CAL. i JUST HATE GIVING UP POWER WHEN THERE IS A WAY TO DO IT ONT HE SAME PLATFORM.

THE 6MM BEGGS WOULD BE A GREAT ROUND IF i DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE 6MM AR TURBO OR 6MM AR ( BASICALY JUST A NECKED DOWN GRENDEL.)

IM GOING TO BUILD SOME THING REALLY CUSTOM SOON IN 6MM JUST CAN DECIDE WHAT.

Feedback Score

Boxer primed 6.5x55 is easy to come by grafs has prvi brass in stock regularly.
    Graf & Sons - 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser
    Midway has Remington brass for a little more 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser | Rifle Brass | Brass | Brass & Bullets | Reloading Supplies -MidwayUSA

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If you open up the bolt face for the 308 derived cartridge you could open it up enough for a 6.5x55 Sewed derived cartage. The added girth would give some more case capacity. If you could do that and use a 5.45 or 223 magazine To reduce the amount of body taper you could have some decent case capacity.

HMMMM WITH A .479 BASE IF THE END OF A 7.62X54R CHAMBER WAS CUT OFF AN X54R DIES WERE SHORTEND ACCORDINGLY AN USING 6.5 BRASS ONE COULD GET A CASE WITH A OVERALL LENGTH OF ABOUT 38 TO 44MM OR SOME WERE BETWEEN A X39 CASE AN A 223 CASE. THIS WOULD GIVE A LARGER CAPACITY 310 BORE AK ROUND THAT WOULD HAVE CONSIDERABLE TAPER AN LIKELY WOULD WORK WITH THE CURVE OF A AK MAG. CANT SAY AS TO IF THEY WILL WORK WITHT HE EXTRA OD. IT WULD BE LIKE A 30 BENCHREST MAGNUM. NOW THE 7.62X54 HAS ALOT OF NECK BUT THAT WONT HURT BUT IT DOES EAT UP ROOM FOR POWDER.

NOW WERE TALKING 6MM ROUND OR MAYBE 6.5MM IN THIS THREAD SO HOW DOES APPLY??? WELL THERE IS A 6.5MMX54R ROUND OUT THERE THAT IS A NECKED DOWN 7.62X54R SO IT WOULD LIKLEY HAVE THE SAME TAPER. IF A GUY HADCOULD FIND A BARREL AN DIES HE COULD CUT THE BREACH DOWN UNTIL THE CHAMBER WAS .479 OR SO (SAME AS A 6.5 SWEDE BRASS OR ABNY OTHER BRASS THAT HAS A .479 BASE. IM STILL LOOKING AT OTHER ROUNDS) TRIM THE DIES TO MATCH AN RUN 6.5 SWEDE THROUGH THEM LIKELY HAVE TO FIRE FORM AN YOU WOULD HAVE A PRETTY HOT AK/AR LENGTH ROUND THAT WOULD HAVE CASE CAPACITY LARGER THAN A GRENDAL OR IF ..308 0R .31I BORE IS YOUR CHOICE A 7.62X39 OR SO MAGNUM WITH A FAIT AMOUNT OF CASE TAPER. YEA ITS ALOT OF SCREWING AROUND BUT ITS LIKLEY DOABLE CHEAP ESPECAILY ON A .7.62X39 MOSIN TAKE OFF BARREL AN SOME CHEAP LEE DIES CUT DOWN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.