Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: PSL 308 conversion?

Feedback Score

Hang in there Mutt Im still waiting on the receiver and barrel. I have been busy with a few other things. I have had some advise from a old timer gunsmith and as soon as everything is in front of me then the process will get more detailed.

Feedback Score

So, am I deducting that if the M70 bolt tail was extended, it may work for a 8mm build with the psl parts kit, providing of course, that the bolt face be widened for the larger rim of the 8mm or 308? Is that what I read or no? Cause I have both in hand and am going out to look them both over here shortly.

Feedback Score

No, the 54 case head is larger than the .308 and the 8mm so you would need to install a "ring" for the case head. if you have a 8mm boldt then the locking luges size is the question are they proper size. BTW an 8mm and .308 case head are close in size to work.
    Muttman.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So, am I deducting that if the M70 bolt tail was extended, it may work for a 8mm build with the psl parts kit, providing of course, that the bolt face be widened for the larger rim of the 8mm or 308? Is that what I read or no? Cause I have both in hand and am going out to look them both over here shortly.
    the 8mm is a lot longer than a 7.62x54r but if might be doable . there was a 30-06 Sagia that I have never seen but there are pics on the net so it can be done.

the 8mm is pretty long. im sure the bolt could be extended some how to work on a psk carrier . I considered it at one point myself . opening the bolt is easy . done a bunch .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Search tags for this page

308 psl conversion

psl 308 conversion

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.