Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm BENCH REST

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I HAVE DISCOVERED IN MY RESEARCH THAT THE OLD 308X1.5 BARNES AN LIKE ROUNDS WERE A 20 DEGREE SHOULDER AN THE BR BRASS IS A 30 SO USING MY 1.5"X308 TRIM DIE AS A FROM GUAGE AN TRIM DIE MIGHT NOT WORK. i MAIGHT BE ABLE TO JUST SHIM THE BOTTOM OF THE DIE AN JUST FORM THE BRASS LONG AND THEN SIZE TO FINAL CONFIGURATION WITH A STANDARD DIE.

CUT DOWN BRASS REALLY NEEDS TO WORK TO MAKE IT A GOOD OPTION FOR A AUTO LOADER . THAT OR LOTS OF MONEY FOR DOLLAR A CASE BRASS THAT CAN EASLY BE LOST .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

GOT SOME DIES ON THE WAY IN 6MMBR . iM GOINGTO TRY TO FORM BARSS ON CUT DOWN 308 AN OTHER OPTIONS BEFORE I COMMIT TO A REAMER. IF I CAN MAKE A USABLE ROUND ILL SEND IT TO PTG AN HAVE DAVE MAKE ME A REAMER TO FIT THE BRASS AN BULLET.

IM THINKING ON A AK IT SOULD USE A 1-10 TWIST AN USE NORMAL HUNTING BULLETS THAT ARE COMMON FOR A 243 WIN . 100 GRAIN CORE LOCTS AN STUFF LIKE THAT.

iM NOT TRYING FOR A BNCH REST GUN ALTHOUGH THERE WILL BE A TARGET BARREL FOR SURE. iM TRYING TO COME UP WITH A REALLY GOOD ROUND IN 6MM THAT WILL DO ALMOST EVERYTHING. ILL THROAT IT TO BE GOOD WITH BULLETS 100 GRAIN AN UNDER AN WORK IN A STANDARD 1-10 TWIST TAKE OFF BARREL. IM GETTING A SPERATE THROATER ALSO FOR DIFFERANT BUILD ( 6MM-284 BOLT ACTION) SO I CAN ALSO MAKE A AK BARREL TO SHOT 105 VLD FOR LONG RANGE TARGET.

SO FIRST THING IT MAKE THE BRASS AN COMPARE IT TO A ROUND MADE FROM LUPIA AN SEE IF ITS DOABLE. IM NOT RULLING OUT A DASHER OR BRX YET BUT i NEED TO SEE WHAT i CAN DO WITH ONCE FIRE AN COMMERCIAL 308 BRASS. FIRST.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Got dies , was able to form new brass OK I thing wish I had a chamber. necks are thick an will need to be reamed or turned or a die will need to be opened up in the neck an a special reamer with a bigger neck. I tried some fired brass an it did not form so well split a few necks. likely will need to aneal fired brass.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IM PUTTING THIS HERE FOR A REFERANCE I HAVE NOT VERIFIED IT. IT SEEMS WRONG SHOWING THE 6MM BRX WITH MORE CAPACITY THAN THE DASHER

6ppc - cap 32g of H2O, load approx. 25.5g H322 to 29g N133 with 62-65g FB bullets
    6br - cap 37.8g of H2O, load approx. 31.5g N135 with 62-65g FB Bullets
    6.5 x 47 Lapua - cap 48.0g H2O, load approx. 38g H4350 with 105g VLDs
    6.5 Creedmoor - cap approx. 50g H2O
    6.5 x 284 - cap 66g H2O, load approx. 48.5g H4350 with 142g SMK
    6XC Tubbs - cap 49.7g H2O, load approx. 38g H4350 with 105g VLD
    6BRX - cap 43.0g of H2O, load approx 33.5-34.5g Varget
    6Dasher - cap 41.0g of H2O
    Cap are from QuickLoad pgm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

DOES ANY ONE HERE OWN A QUICK LOAD PROGRAM???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMMMM A 6MM BRK USES BENCH REST DIES JUST HELD UP/SPACED .100

HMMMMMM IM NOT STUCK WITH 6MM BR BRASS IF I USE CUT DOWN 308 WIN OR 6X47 BRASS

HMMMMM IF YOU CAN SHIM THE DIES .100 WHY NOT GO BIGGER LIKE .200

HMMM I HAVE THIS WASHER THATS .191"

HMMMM SHIM THE 308X1.5" TRIM DIE UP .191

HMMMMM RUN IT THROUGH A 6MMBR DIE

HMMMM IT NEEDS TO BE UNDER 2.255 TO FIT IN A GALIAL MAG WITH THESE 100 GR SERRIA BULLETS.

HMMM WELL IT LOOKS GOOD MUCH BIGGER THAN A GRENDEL OR 6MM AR FITS MY MAG LIKELY ABOUT 45.5 GRAINS CAPACITY ( GUESSING ) AS A BMMBRX IS SOME WERE BETWEEN 40 AN 43 CAN BE MADE FROM 6MM BR DIES AN WILL FIT A AK 223 MAG HMMMMMMM

IF I WANT MATCH GRADE BRASS THERE IS LAPUIA 6X47 OR A TON OF GOOD 308WIN BRASS TO USE . IF I WANT TO SHOOT CHEAP IT CAN BE FOREMD FROM 7.62X51 NATO LIKE THESE WERE. I DONT SEE A DOWN SIDE HERE. IT WILL OUT PERFORM A 6MMAR TURBO FOR SURE AN ITS GOT MORE CAPACITY THAN A 6MM BR, DASHER , BRX ETC . THE ONLY DOWN SIDE I SEE IS IT WILL NOT ALLOW REALLY L6MM BULLETS ONG HIGH BC TO BE SEATED FULLY OUT. IT HAS ABOUT A .250 NECK LENGTH FOR PLEANTY OF TENSION AN SUPPORT FOR A AUTO LOADER AN ALSO WILL ALLOW A WAIDE RANGE OF BULLETS.

I WILL NEED TO INSIDE REAM THE BASS AS ITS REALLY THICK THE NECK IS ALMOST .020 THICKER THAN 6MM BR OR 6MM PPC OR 243 WIN . I COULD LIKELY HAVE A REAMER MADE TO ALLOW BRASS RO BE USED AS IS BUT THERE IS A LOT OF VARIABLES IN BRASS THAT FAR DOWN FROM THE ORIGINAL CASE MOUTH. IMO BETTER TO MAKE THE BRASS FIT THE CHAMBER AN HAVE ROOM TO REAM OR OUT SIDE TURN. I DONT HAVE A 6MM OR 308 REAMER FOR DOING INSIDE REAMING. I CLOULD REAM IT WHEN ITS AS .308 IN THE TRIM DIE OR 6MM IN THE FINAL SIZING DIE OR POSSABLY BETTER TO GET A 6MMBR SIZING /TRIM DIE IF THERE IS SUCH A THING .

IM COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING A AK FRIENDLY 6MM ROUND AN THIS IS GETTING PRETTY CLOSE. I WANT TO HAVE MORE THAN THE AR BOYS CASN FEED OUT OF THERE GUNS AN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ABILITY TO RUN HIGHER PRESSURE AN A BIGGER BOLT FACE SAFELY. I THINK IM GETTING PRETTY CLOSE TO A DESIGN TO SEND IN FOR REAMER TO BE MADE. I LIKLEY COULD JUST USE A BMM BR OR BRK REAMER WITH THE NECK AN THROAT REMOVED. IT SEEMS TO ME IF IM USING 6MM BR DIES IITS BASED ON 6MM BR BRASS SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE A 6MM REAMER ALSO. THE BRX IS SAID TO USE A SPECIAL REAMER. IM THINKING THAT IS BECAUSE ITS BASED ON 6MM BR BRASS AN THAT WHEN THE 6MM BR BRASS SHOULDER IS BLOWN FORWARD THE NECK GETS .001 SHORTER AN LIKELY ALSO NBEEDS A SHORTER THROAT.
    I DONT HAVE THE PROBLEM OF BEING RESTRICTED BY BRASS LENGTH I CAN GUT MY BRASS TO ANY LENGTH SO IM THINKING I MIGHT BE ABLE TO JUST RUN IN A 6MM BR REAMER IN A EXTRA .191 OR SO .

MY MAIN CONCERN WOULD BE THE SIZE OF THE CHAMBER BUY THE CASE HEAD AN IF IT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SIZE. IF THE REAMER STAYS STRAIGHT AFTER WERE A STANDARD 6MM BR REAMER WOULD STOP CUTTING THEN i SHOULD BE OK.

ANY WAY HERE ARE A FEW PICS.

HMMMM THE SHOULDER IS MUCH CLOSER TO WERE THE 7.62X39 SHOULDER IS INSTEAD OF MUCH LOWER THAN A

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IM GETTING REALLY SICK OF PICTURES NOT DOWN LOADING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

TRY AGAIN NOW IT WORKS WTF????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

A BETTER LOOK THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH BIGGER IT IS OVER OTHER ROUNDS . THIS WOULD BE A GOOD ROUND IN 6.5 AN A SCEAMER IN .223 ITS GOT TO BE PRETTY CLOSE TO A 22-250 . A .30 VERSION WOULD LIKELY ADD A 2OO FPS OVER THE X39 AS WELL.

SHORT OF A 284 CASE WITH A RBATED RIM OR A WSSM VARIANT I THINK THIS IS ABOUT THE MOST YOU COULD GET IN A AK MAG ( 223)

NOT SURE HOW THEY WILL FEED OR STACK I ONLY HAVE THREE MADE.

IM GOING TO PUSH THE BULLETS BACK AN TRY THEN IN A 7.62X39 MAG NEXT.

APPARENTLY THERE ARE AR 15,S IN 6MM BR AN THERE IS A MAG MADE ESPECIALY FOR THAT PRI???? MAKES THEM OR A 6.8 SPC MAG IS SAID TO WORK.

IM GOING TO SET THE REAMER UP FOR A SHORT FREE BORE TO OPTIMISE 100 GRAIN HUNTING BULLTES AN SMALLER AS THEY WILL BE PERFECT FOR INEXPENSIVE 1-10 TWIST BARRELS FROM TAKE OFF RIFLES. I WILL LENGTHEN THE FREE BORE FOR FOR A BOLT ACTION BUILD SHOOTING
    107,S OR WHATEVER THERE SHOOTING AT 1000 YARDS.

THIS ROUND SHOULD BE REALLY FSAST WITH A 55 OR 65 GRAIN VARMINT BULLET ITS GOT TO BE AT LEAST 200 FPS FASTER THAN A 6MM-223.

I NEED MEASURE THE CASE CAPIACITY AN FIND SOME ONE WITH A LOAD PROGRAM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am my favorite American gunnerxxx's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I havnt read all the post but a 6.5 bullet in a 7.62x39 case ran through a 6.5 grendel die looks promissing. I was fooling with this 2 years ago trying to get someone to build on a sks platform.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

6mm hagar die set

anyone using 6mm grendel for benchrest

can 6mm benchrest cases be made from other cases
loads for 6ppc n133 66g bullet
valmetport buffer
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.