Gunco Forums banner

6mm BENCH REST

14K views 87 replies 6 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 · (Edited)
xxxx

#4 ·
Just a quick observation, if you form 6mmBR from 7.62 or 30-06 you'll be needing to neck ream/neck turn to reduce neck wall thickness. Fairly easy with a Forster or other lathe tool, but adds to the time needed to form cases.

#13 ·
Got dies , was able to form new brass OK I thing wish I had a chamber. necks are thick an will need to be reamed or turned or a die will need to be opened up in the neck an a special reamer with a bigger neck. I tried some fired brass an it did not form so well split a few necks. likely will need to aneal fired brass.

#26 ·
If the ultimate 1biggun monster magnum ....... won't work with a current die set, you can always make your own. the process isn't much different than making a threaded chambered blank only you will need to make (ideally) two more reamer blanks. a reloading die is really just a 7/8-14 hollow bolt (and bear with me on exact measurements as I'm still on some good back meds) that has been "chambered" with an undersized reamer,and another one of about chamber size that has an undersize crimping section in the neck, and an adjustable stem to seat the bullets. Then you'll have something that is truely unique to you for no other reason needed than "because I wanted to". Here's a set of bushing dies I made to reload a series of calibers with the same basic case body. A standard set would be much less work to complete and would be much simplier to make.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.