Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: .357 ak

Feedback Score

Default .357 ak

Is their a mag for the .357 other than a coonan ? I thinking of a conversion AK in .357.
    Muttman.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The only other ones i can think of are the ones for the desert eagle and some rotary mags for some ruger rifles
    Semper Fortis, Paratus Et Potens, Non Sibi, Sed Patriae.

Feedback Score

Roatry for river, humm got a link for them? please. Muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Have you considered a 9mm win mag or 9mmx24 same power an a 7.62x25 mag will work.

I relaize 357 brass is every were but a rimless would be easier . you could possably add a block to the back of a 223 mag with a slot for the rims. maybe ??????????????

I lke like the 357 also considered a converson to go along with my Ruger Black Hawk 357. im thinking you would need a single stack mag of some sort. .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

here is what they look like in a Galil blank firing mag. note the spacer block welded in the front so a regular 223 round with a bullet will not fit. i thught thye would be good for maybe a tokerov or rimmles pistol build . there cheap enough to cut up for parts if needed they have a short length sprin an a short follower so there good to have for various ideas.

the mag is only 10 round ( will hold 12) o but there only $9. PM for info.

a guy could make a insert to slide the rims into so they single stack pretty easy likely have to pinch the lips in or just make it feed from one side with a spacer on the other side so the rounds stay in before loaded. . i was playing with this a week ago. was looking at doing a 44mag this way as well.

starline makes good 9mm extra long brass so If i do one ill likely go that route.

Im thinking this will need to be a gas operated set up .

btw those mags would be perfect for a 7.62x25 witha 180 frain bullet for a subsonic applicatiion . I was going to see how a 17 fire ball an 22 fire ball an m1 carbine fit them. they seem to cheap to ignore . if you can ake them work a standard 223 mag would be no differant just have to add the spacers/.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

bg,
    that is what Im looking for. you da man!!!!!
    a rimless .357 case would be nice but for ease of reloading and $$ a standerd .357 will work for what I want. now off to find a barrel. muttman

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you're just wanting a rimless 357 case, just cut 223 cases off at the shoulder, open them up and turn the necks. Then you have a case that can be loaded to 55k-60k psi and cheap. You can get 357max velocity out of it pretty easy. In an ar15 I went with 357 max length loaded to 55k-60k psi and I'm getting some impressive velocities out of it even though reforming the shoulder into a neck is a PITA. Starting at or below the shoulder would greatly simplify case making.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Moleman,
    This one is gunna be a strate blow back build. the $$ spent on this one needs to be @ 0 so if all I have in to it is barrel, a few mags then Ill be safe with the boss. BTW, I do like the idea of reforming .223 brass to make a rimless .357 case that would make making the boldt head easy, and the case rim to mag prob.
    Muttman

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry, missed the blowback part. You'd want to keep the gas piston and locking bolt with the higher psi ones I was talking about. The 223 cases are easy to modify if cut below the shoulder. About all you'd need to do is turn the necks to reduce the thickness a bit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

wont you need a Heavy bolt for the 357? my openion it might be easier to make it gas op. if you had a 74 bolt you could run the 223 cases

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.