Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Built a 300 Blackout????

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

as a side note most dont realize it but people are running pulled ak bullets in the 300 as well. sure they are .310" but no issues have been reported. Accuracy is a little looser then purpose bullets but these are dirt cheap. people are reporting 1" to 6" groups on unswaged ak bullets and 1-4" on swagged bullets.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Big no the wt case is not ideal for the .223 mags. and you only get 200 fps more max.
    thanks for the heads up. what is the main issue getting them to work????

200 fps is a lot IMO thats the differance between some standard rounds an a magnum.

if I could get another 200fps out of a 7.62x39 round Id be estatic. That would be getting really close to a 300 savage an well over a 30-30.

you got a link to you tool for cutting brass???? Ill be cutting a lot of 308 an simular brass soon for my 6mm wild cat project. Was looking for ideas. was thinking a tool that atttached to the press that held a saw that would swing sid eways an cut brass held in a trim die really fast. were you been hanging out lately ????

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

My real job is trying to kill me. No time for anything.

Here is a great forum for you, the creator of the round is host.

300BlkTalk • View topic - Case cut off tool **Ship/inventory at bottom of 1st post***

I could upscale this one for you to do 308 if needed.

Scroll to video of it in operation.......pretty sweet if I say so myself (and i do)

the wt shoulder interferes with mag ribs and I think you get 28 or 27 in a mag plus they kind cris-cross alittle

Look at the barnes blacktip bullets..... awesome.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the wt shoulder interferes with mag ribs and I think you get 28 or 27 in a mag plus they kind cris-cross alittle

Look at the barnes blacktip bullets..... awesome.
    INTERESTING Is this on a AK mag as well???? the rib on a galil mag is about 39mm fthe rear of the mag. I dont have a ar mag sitting here to look at. I wish i had a few of the 308x40 to try in a mag. I dont care about a suppressor so id want all the power I can get for hunting.

i should do a 300 BO just for giggles in a heavy barrel an throw it on my varmint build reciver ( screw build ). If i had a reamer id do it just to see how accurate I could make the it shoot. i dont really need it for any thing. I already have a 300 savage an a 308 ak so the 300 bo is a big step down for me on a AK platform. in a AR the round makes a lot of sence an to be honest if I still ahd AR,s it would be one id consider.

I cant help but think a 7mm black out would be a good one. those 140 grainer are prtty slippery cpomplared to a 125 grain 30 cal.

I like how the manufacuters are making great bullets for the black out in 125 grain. Im going to try a few versions in my .308x39 an 300 savage ak pistol an see how they do Id expect them to be great since one is a 1-12 twist an the other is a 1-11.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Ok the saw jig is slick. gives me some ideas how does the spring work to eject them???

I dont need to got that fast a attachmebt to come in a trim an champher would be really cool LOL

does that saw have a steel blade ?????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

link to the saw. I dont see it on sale in my recent flyer Ill have to watch for it.

Bench Top Cut Off Saw

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

A springloaded ball bearing that pushes perpendicular to the bore axis. It locates into the case rim for cutting and then is completely compressed by the rim as it gets pushed out.as soon as the rim gets over the top of the ball, the ball SNAPS out throwing the case.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Great info guys. Thanks so much for the help and advice. Let me find out what this guy wants to do. If he wants to build the 300 BO AK, then I will definitely be getting with someone to cut a barrel.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

A springloaded ball bearing that pushes perpendicular to the bore axis. It locates into the case rim for cutting and then is completely compressed by the rim as it gets pushed out.as soon as the rim gets over the top of the ball, the ball SNAPS out throwing the case.
    SLICK.

I WAS THINKING OF SOME THING MORE ALONG THE LINES OF A TRIM DIE OR A DIE MADE FROM MY REAMER SCREWED INTO A HOLDING FIXTURE HOW SQUARE DOES THIS CUT OFF THE BRASS???? HOW DOES IT NOT GET COCKED TO ONE SIDE WHEN CUTTING??? THE BORE MUST BE BIG ENOUGH O ALLOW THE WHOLE CASE TO PASS THROUGH CORRECT??? I WAS THINKING IF A TRIM TYPE DIE HELD IT REALLY TRUE AN THE CUTS WERE CORRECT THEN NO CASE TRIMMING WOULD BE NEEDED . IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU COULD JUST CUT AN THEN CHAMPHER AN BE DONE. IM GUESSING ITS NOT LIKLEY TO CUT THEM THAT CLEAN AN TRUE WITH A SAW AS TO NOT NEED A LITTEL TRIMMING TO MAKE THEM PERFECT.

NOW IM ENVISIONG A HIGH SPEED TRIMER WITH A MANDREL COMING IN FROM THE SIDE AFER EACH CUT LOL .

I WONT NEED TO CUT BRASS THAT FAST BTW BUT THAT IS NICE.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If he wants to build the 300 BO AK, then I will definitely be getting with someone to cut a barrel.
    I CAN DEFFINATLY DO A AK BARREL IN ONE. ID DO THE MACHINING FOR FREE IF HE LETS ME KEEP THE REAMER . ID WANT A PILOTED ONE . HE COULD USE A 1-10 TWIST REMINGTON TAKE OFF BARREL OR ONE OF GM,S CHEAP BLANKS OR WHAT EVER. IM SURE THERE ARE OTHER GUYS WHO CAN DO IT ALSO.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak m85 2014

ars ak m85

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.