Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Built a 300 Blackout????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

300 black out has really taken off and I like to cut my barrels from the green mountian 7.62x51 gatlin gun over run. These are 1-10 and run $35.
    WHAT KIND OF ACCURACY DO THESE BARREL GIVE COMPARED TO THE HIGH DOLLAR STUFF. i HAVE USED A FEW OF THERE BLANKS FOR OTHER GUYS BUT I NEVER REALLY GET ANY REALL SOLID FEED BACK ON ACCURACY. ITS ALWAYS WELL WITH OPEN SITES FROM THE HOOD OF THE TRUCK I CAN HIT THE MILK JUGG ACROSS THE FIELD EVRERY TIME SORT OF DEAL.

ID REALLY LIKE TO SEE ONE OF THERE BARRELS ON A GOOD BOLT ACTION TO WHAT THEY WILL DO.

IM LOOKING FOR A SOURCE OF INEXPENSIVE 6MM & 6.5 BLANKS BUT I NEED THEM TO BE ACCURATE. NOT BENCH REST ACCURATE BUT STILL GOOD .

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

this gave me .35" 5 shot groups at 100 yards consistently w hand loads out of an ar15

Have some pics around here somewhere. But groups can be faked, trust me.

that was a heavy barrel spiral flute.

most of the lighter barrels give me 3" groups factory, 2" hand loads

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    SLICK.

I WAS THINKING OF SOME THING MORE ALONG THE LINES OF A TRIM DIE OR A DIE MADE FROM MY REAMER SCREWED INTO A HOLDING FIXTURE HOW SQUARE DOES THIS CUT OFF THE BRASS???? HOW DOES IT NOT GET COCKED TO ONE SIDE WHEN CUTTING??? THE BORE MUST BE BIG ENOUGH O ALLOW THE WHOLE CASE TO PASS THROUGH CORRECT??? I WAS THINKING IF A TRIM TYPE DIE HELD IT REALLY TRUE AN THE CUTS WERE CORRECT THEN NO CASE TRIMMING WOULD BE NEEDED . IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU COULD JUST CUT AN THEN CHAMPHER AN BE DONE. IM GUESSING ITS NOT LIKLEY TO CUT THEM THAT CLEAN AN TRUE WITH A SAW AS TO NOT NEED A LITTEL TRIMMING TO MAKE THEM PERFECT.

NOW IM ENVISIONG A HIGH SPEED TRIMER WITH A MANDREL COMING IN FROM THE SIDE AFER EACH CUT LOL .

I WONT NEED TO CUT BRASS THAT FAST BTW BUT THAT IS NICE.

one guy is doing just that, chop chamfer and load. yes the case is at an angle in the bore. so I angle the bore to match. simple. a quick twist on a finish trimmer and its done. Sounds easy but took me a bunch of testing to get it that smooth and simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

one guy is doing just that, chop chamfer and load. yes the case is at an angle in the bore. so I angle the bore to match. simple. a quick twist on a finish trimmer and its done. Sounds easy but took me a bunch of testing to get it that smooth and simple.

AHH HA so you just angle the bore up to account for the case taper. It s so simple yet I thought about it for a hour the other day. great info

Ill be inside reaming an also likely neck turning my cases so a set up like your sould work fine. It would be cool if I could just cut a .308 case or simular down an load it but there is likely going to be to much of the taper on the inside of the csse for that an the necks are really thick when cut down that much so ill be doing a fair amount of prep after cutting.

im trying to figure out the correct order. I can cut size to 30 cal then neck down to 6mm and then ream. I can actually form to to 30 cal with a 3/4" lonng neck an then cut. i havent figured If i should inside ream when its 30 cal or wait untill its 6mm. I have a lot of experimenting to do before I make a cut off tool.

If I size down to .30 cal thats 1.70 long first this leaves a super long neck . the neck is so long I could use a arbor in a jig to hold it an cut the case off saving the piece that is cut loose. it might be accurate enough for me to just chamfer an shoot.

I dont want to hijack this thread.

You or I should do a thread on case cutting an case prep for various wild cats.
    a case making/froming thread would be great. since the 300 BO an may other new rounds will require some work to load.

I really like your set up makes me want to build a 300 bo just so I can cut brass an wacth it fly out the hole LOL

i have a lot of much fired 223 brass from my vsarming build an 300 bo would give me a last time used let fly out the port an not look for it fun gun .

how is this round with cast lead ???????????

considering I toss this barass soon any way if I used cast lead an surpluss powder i coud shoot really cheap since im figuring the barass as almost worth less. a cast lead ropund would use less pressure an i culd likey get a for more safe reloading out of it HMMMMMMM

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

this gave me .35" 5 shot groups at 100 yards consistently w hand loads out of an ar15

Have some pics around here somewhere. But groups can be faked, trust me.

that was a heavy barrel spiral flute.

most of the lighter barrels give me 3" groups factory, 2" hand loads
    So the barrel is capable of doing decent accuracy left heavy??

I wonder how much stress were inducing in these when we turn them down from a heavy blank to so thin?????

I reeally wish they had a 6mm gunsmith barrel for cheap on there site. they dont do much in 6mm. Id like to try a straght no taper barrel on one of my bolt guns an see how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im warming up to a 300BO shorty pistol on a bulgy 74 kit using worn out brass an lead bullets.

I wonder how pistol powder would work in a 300 bo in a 3" barrel LOL .

You could almost down load the round to be a blow back like a 7.62x25 . would suck to get a shell mixed up how ever. just thinking out loud here. maybe make it longer a little shorter chamber so a standard round could not feed. ithen i can jkust make x25 bcases out of the 223 as easy.

What would you charge to deep chamber a short blank??????????

Id like to get a reamer but id have to sell a few ak barrels in that calibure to do it. an Im focusing on my 6mmBRBG project . Id likely have better luck doing 300 bo ak barrels.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

What barrel material? For the deep chamber?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LIKELY JUST STEEL. LIKELY ONE OF THE GM BLANKS OR A REMINGTON TAKE OF BARREL. I HAVE A FEW DIFFERANT WAYS I CAN GO.

I HAVE A FEW BLANKS AN BARRELS FROM WHEN I WAS DOING ALLTHE 7.62X25 BARRELS .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im looking at buying a reamer an doing a few barrels in 300 BO.

for me to make this worth my while I would need to sell a few barrels to off set my costs.

Is there any honest intrest in a buying a AK barrel in 300 BO???????? If i could get a few for sures Id be likey to do it. Im thinking cost would be some were around $150 +- depending on blank costs an desired profile etc. it might take awhile to get this all together.

Im thinking those bulgy kits would be a perfect canidate for a 300 BO. the bolt face might need a tweak but i doubt it. a 223 mag should work as is.

Feedback Score

I have a AAC 300 BO upper on a Stag Arms lower and love it, virtually no recoil and accuarate as could be. You guys have me drooling over an AK pistol chambered in it....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.