Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Built a 300 Blackout????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Its around designed for a AR an its restrictive magwell. the AR is what 50 years old now? How long is our military going to keep try.ing to milk it ? as far as cost concerns and stuff they don't seem to have a problem wasting money on every other new fangled gadget for the military.

to me its attractive because it uses uses cheap ass brass an a 308 bore. Id have little use for it on a AR . I have a 308 sa.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Im with you 1biggun I want a 300 bk ak with my suppressor

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If you have a suppressor great its likely a better round as it has less powder ( also less power ) than a x39 . I would be the round to choose

Franky if im going to sink a few grand into a suppressed weapon its going to be bigger than a 30 cal an be able to put some serious energy on target .

I have no real world use for a supressed combat weapon but if Id id it would eb very special purpose built an would be optimised for the slow moving barrel with a fast twist an all that .

Id love to have a supressed 45 pisotl for shooting in the back yard but for hunting or shootng people I have no real use .

franky i want more id rather see a 30 bench rest or 308 x1.5 barnes that does 2500 FPS or better with a 125 gtain or better.

I really hoped thr remington 30 RAR would have taken off but it seems to be just another remingtion wonder round gimic

I might just build one on a AK just to burn up the 1000 or so worn out an many time shot 223 brass I have that is nearing its life . triming the case back an giving it one more shot intot the weeds might be do able .

I may have a line on a 300 reamer an I will have a switch barrel AK with a 223 bolt very soon . I can load it a little hotter than a AR as well

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If you have a suppressor great its likely a better round as it has less powder ( also less power ) than a x39 . I would be the round to choose

Franky if im going to sink a few grand into a suppressed weapon its going to be bigger than a 30 cal an be able to put some serious energy on target .

I have no real world use for a supressed combat weapon but if Id id it would eb very special purpose built an would be optimised for the slow moving barrel with a fast twist an all that .

Id love to have a supressed 45 pisotl for shooting in the back yard but for hunting or shootng people I have no real use .

franky i want more id rather see a 30 bench rest or 308 x1.5 barnes that does 2500 FPS or better with a 125 gtain or better.

I really hoped thr remington 30 RAR would have taken off but it seems to be just another remingtion wonder round gimic

I might just build one on a AK just to burn up the 1000 or so worn out an many time shot 223 brass I have that is nearing its life . triming the case back an giving it one more shot intot the weeds might be do able .

I may have a line on a 300 reamer an I will have a switch barrel AK with a 223 bolt very soon . I can load it a little hotter than a AR as well

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I suppose IF I had a legal suppressor in 30 cal a it would be a no brainer to to have a AK in one .

I have played with 180 grain subsoic an I nver got them to cycle with a stock gas port . id suspect you going to need to open the port a fair amount an then need a adjustable block for standard loads .

Ill be intrested on what loads an port you get to work . a 30 cal quit plinker would be fun .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I suppose IF I had a legal suppressor in 30 cal a it would be a no brainer to to have a AK in one .

I have played with 180 grain subsoic an I nver got them to cycle with a stock gas port . id suspect you going to need to open the port a fair amount an then need a adjustable block for standard loads .

Ill be intrested on what loads an port you get to work . a 30 cal quit plinker would be fun .

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wow. Alot of double taps here.
    Yeah I have a variety of 300 blacks. It suits most of my "wants" for this environment. If I was back in the high country in Colorado, I would chose a different caliber.
    I can have sbr, sbs, and suppressors here, I just cant hunt with them.

No its not a super duper do all but damn if it doesnt have broad applications.

So what are the questions?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wow. Alot of double taps here.
    Yeah I have a variety of 300 blacks. It suits most of my "wants" for this environment. If I was back in the high country in Colorado, I would chose a different caliber.
    I can have sbr, sbs, and suppressors here, I just cant hunt with them.

No its not a super duper do all but damn if it doesnt have broad applications.

So what are the questions?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Did you sell out of those barrels?
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Yup sold the ones I made in a day or so.. got the word around. Had a beautiful 18" heavy profile with spiral flutes. Shoots a best of .25" groups averages .50-.75" .

I dont know who this guy is now selling barrels.

Just be sure to get 1-8 or 1-7 twist if you want super and subs. 1-10 is fine for supers only.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak m85 2014

ars ak m85

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.