Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Built a 300 Blackout????

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Default Anyone Built a 300 Blackout????

I know that the 300 Blackout has become a popular round in the AR platform, but has anyone built one in an AK platform? I had a local guy asking me about it. He talked about the benefits of the 300 Blackout when used with a can, and wondered if barrels were avalable for an AK, or could be turned to AKM specs. I don't know much about the 300, but I am going to do some research. (No I haven't done a search yet!!!) I figured I'd ask if any of you knew about, or had any experience with, the 300. TIA,
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I see now that Pupwag was building some on the M85 Yugo kits. Maybe Pup will chime in.

Pupwagm are you running the 300 BO in the M85 mags?

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

BUY ME THE REAMER AN ILL TURN YOU A BARREL.

ITS A INTERESTING ROUND. UNLESS YOU GOING SUPPRESSED IT REALLY OFFERS NO ADVANTAGE OVER A 7.62X39 PERTICULARY IN A AK47 BUILD.

THERE ARE MORE BULLET CHOICES AVALIABLE. CASE CAPACITY IS SMALLER THAN THE X39 BY A FEW GRAINS. A X39 GCAN BE LOADED SUBSONIC ALSO.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I think that's the reason that my friend is interested, because of it's subsonic charachteristics when running a can. Apparently he had/has an AR in 300 BO with a can, and loves it and wants to do the same thing with the reliability of the AK.

I may take you up on that barrel work Biggun. I need to find out what he plans to do. I've been helping him out on his builds, so I told him I'd look into this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I DONT THINK ITS A BAD ROUND AN ONE OF THOSE BULGY 5.45 KITS WOULD BE A GOOD START FOR A 300BO. GETTING IT TO CYCLE IS THE TRICK. YOUR LIKELY GOING TO NEED SOME PRETTY HEAVY BULLETS TO GET THE PRESSURE UP TO ALLOW CYCLING. YOU NOT LIKELY GOING TO DO IT WITH A 125 GRAIN STUFF UNLESS YOU DO SOME SERIOUS PORT ENLARGEMENT AN THEN IT KIND OF HURTS IT AS A NON SUPRESSED GUN.

ID THING SOME 180 GRAINERS IN A 1-10 BARREL SHOULD STABILIZE.

I DID SOME SUBSONIC LOADS FOR A MEAMABER HERE IN X39 WITH RED DOT THEY WOULD NOT COME CLOSE TO CYCLING MY STANDARD GUNS IN THE LIGHTER WEIGHTS.

TO BAD YOU CANT JUST RECHAMBER A US MADE AK BARREL. I WISH SOME ONE WOULD SELL SOME UNCHAMBERED BUT PROFILED BARRELS FOR THE AK. A 311 BLACK OUT WOULD BE DOABLE THEN

A 7.62X25 WOULD BE A POSSABLE GOOD CANIDATE FOR A SUPRESSED 30 CAL IMO. LOADED WITH 125 OR 150 GRAIN BULLETS

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I have built at least 15. One as a bull spiral flute that shoots .4" at 100 all day long... pm me if you need advice.
    In my experience 1-10" will stabilize up to 180 gr (in general) but WILL NOT STABILIZE220 SMK. However some of the 247 bison will stabilize (barely) in SOME1-10". 1-8" works for most all, 1-7" is the current spec. Suppressing an ak is not as pellet gun quiet bc of the gas piston.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have built at least 15. One as a bull spiral flute that shoots .4" at 100 all day long... pm me if you need advice.
    ARE THOSE AK,S ??? OR AR, S ???????

GOOD INFO ONT HE TWIST RATE. IM GLAD TO SEE I WASNET FAR OFF IN MY ESTIMATES.

I LOADED UP SOME 180 GRAIN 303 BRITSH BULLETS ONCE AN PLAYED WITH THEM IN A AK THEY SHOT PRETTY WELL. SLOW AS HELL THOUGH.

I THINK PTG HAS THE REAMER ON SALE ON THERE HOME PAGE BTW.

VZ58 ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU ON HERE. DO YOU STILL MAKE REPAIR PLATES FOR MILLED RECIVERS ???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HERES THE REAMER ON SALE ALONG WITH A FEW OTHERS . IM LOOKING AT THE
    7.62X40 WT A LITTLE BIT MAINKY FOR THE CHEAP BRASS THAT THE ONCE FIRED 223 ALLOWS .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I see now that Pupwag was building some on the M85 Yugo kits. Maybe Pup will chime in.

Pupwagm are you running the 300 BO in the M85 mags?
    That is the theory anyway.Looks good to me.Bulgarian (10) and M85.
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    HERES THE REAMER ON SALE ALONG WITH A FEW OTHERS . IM LOOKING AT THE
    7.62X40 WT A LITTLE BIT MAINKY FOR THE CHEAP BRASS THAT THE ONCE FIRED 223 ALLOWS .
    Big no the wt case is not ideal for the .223 mags. and you only get 200 fps more max.

300 comes from 223 cases and as a matter of fact I make and sell a tool for this purpose on other forums, makes 20-30 cases rough cut a minute.

Yes I have made ars but have also a krink I am waiting on uncle sam to stamp.

twists:
    1-10 100gr to 180 gr ideal if supersonic only, hunting/home
    1-8 100-220 gr super and sub but spec was moved as it can be marginal stabilization in super long bullets through cans
    1-7 is new spec.

All of them MIGHT stabilize the 247 bison. but 1-10 will not do the 220 smk

300 black out has really taken off and I like to cut my barrels from the green mountian 7.62x51 gatlin gun over run. These are 1-10 and run $35.

Of course I have my own reamer, but c4hd has the reamers for rent.

Big I really dont make the plates anymore, demand is down. I CNC'd my mill and run small batches of parts for here and there. I kinda am specializing in 300 black out stuff right now.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.