Thread: .40 S&W AK-Mag Options?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default .40 S&W AK-Mag Options?

I get bored with my toys sometimes, and I'm mulling over the idea of altering my blowback 7.62x25 AK with the EOD bolt /carrier and magwell, and turning it into a .40 S&W. I have tried the .40's in the PPS43 mags and they look like they will work with only minor modification. I'm just wondering if there are other more appropriate mag choices out there for a .40 S&W based AK? Obviously if there is something better, I don't have to use my EOD magwell.

Anyone ever tried the Suomi drum mags with .40 S&W?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

CHRIS, THE MP5 MAG IS WHAT I WAS LEANING TOWARD. MIGHT BE A GOOD PLACE TO START. DOUBT IT WILL WORK IN YOUR MAGWELL TO.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I have an hk mp5 in 40. Uses 40/10mm mags. Pricy though. $90 used when you can find them.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well, like I said, the pps43 mags will probably work fine. I just wasn't sure if there was something else out there that was like "so spectacular that to go any other way would be stupid" kinda thing. MP-5 is definitely outa my price range. Plus I already have a bunch of the -43 mags. Thanks for the input though.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Unmodified Uzi mags in 9mm hold 23 rds of .40 in the 32rd mag. They also have magwells that take the Greasegun mags, 38 rds if ya "pinch" the feed lips to hold the smaller cartridge. Stock 9mm Uzi mags can be had for $10 and even lower if ya buy in bulk. Stripped Uzi grip frames are available for cheap, or make yer own.

IMI Uzi 32rd Magazine, Uzi Mags, RTG Gun Parts

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

yep, 9mm mags of any kind will work but the round count will be less, work in terms of feeding the 40cal or 357 sig
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

my c-products and metalform 9mm ar-15 mags look to load 40 S&W rounds nose high.

you would probably have to locate or make a follower for the 40 rounds to work.

sort of an odd problem cause the normal problem is rounds nose diving--LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Uzi mags as has already been stated. I feed my Uzi .40 with a barrel conversion and it shouldn't take too much to convert an AK magwell to use them. Where's Rhino with his .45 ACP build? Used an Uzi magwell conversion...

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks guys!! Yeah I never thought about the UZI mags/magwell. hmmmmm......

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm fairly sure I saw a picture of a Suomi 9mm magazine full of .40s over on akfiles.com. You could try using their search function to see if I was just hallucinating.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.