Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: .458 socom Barrel

Feedback Score

To One Big Gun, it will have to be after X-mas before I can get the reamer and barrel blank both, but then it's on man.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

To One Big Gun, it will have to be after X-mas before I can get the reamer and barrel blank both, but then it's on man.

SOUNDS GOOD YOU WILL NEED TO ALSO OPEN THE BOLT FACE UP. DO YOU HAVE A LATHE OR MILL?????? IF NOT I LIKELY CAN DO THE BOLT. I CANT TELL YOU WHAT MAG TO USE. THERE WAS A THREAD ON THE 458 AN THERE WAS STUFF FROM TONY AT TROMIXS BUILD. I DONT THINK HE HAS THE GUN ON HIS SITE ANY MORE. IM GUESSING IT WAS A 223 MAG AN THE ROUNDS WERE SINGLE STACKED. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET A FEW OF THE CHEAP GALIL MAGS WHILE THERE STILL CHEAP GET STEEL. APEX HAD FIVE FOR 50 OR SOME THING LIKE THAT. THEY WILL FIT A ROMMY TRUNION FOR SURE AS THATS WHAT I USE IN MY 223 ROMMY CONVERSON. ID ALSO BE GETTING SOME BRASS AN OR LOADED AMMO BEFOR EVEN TAKINGHTIS PROJECT ON.

PERONALY IF YOU DONT RELAOD FOR THIS YOU BETTER HAVE DEEP POCKETS.

I ALSO THINK THIS ROUND MIGHT BE GOOD WITH CAST LEAD AN REDUCED LOADS. ID BE THINKING ABOUT AN ADJUSTABLE GB POSSABLY.

HC POOKIE IS RIGHT THE BULLET SELECTION FOR A 458 IS BETTER THAN THE 50.

I REALLY WISH REMINGTOIN WOULD DO A BETTER JOG OF GETTING THE 450 BUSHMASTER OUT THERE AN PROMOTE IT A LITTLE BETTER . BUT TYPICAL REMINGTON THEY RUSH CRAP TO THE MARKET HAVE NOTHING TO SELL AN THEN DONT MAKE ANY BRASS FOR IT. TRY GETTING 3O RAR BRASS OR AMMO . THERE GOOD AT HYPE AN SHORT ON DOING. SAME WITH THE 6.8SPC WAS GOING TO BE A GREAT BOLT ACTION ROUND AN ALL THAT THEY INFLATED THE SPEEDS CHOSE THE WRONG TWIST AN THEN DIDNT SUPPORT THE ROUND. ( TYPICAL OF REMINGTON JUST ASK ABOUT THE 244 REM NOW A PASSED OVER 6MM REM) THERE GOOD AT TAKING PEOPLES IDEAS GETTING THERE NAME ON THEM AN THEN FALLING SHORT IN PROMOTING THERE PRODUCTS. LOOK AT THERE STUPID AR LINE . BEFORE ID BUY ANY NEW REMINGTON ROUND ID HAVE TO SEE AMMO FOR SALE A WALMART OR AT LEAST DICKS SPORTING GOODS. ID LOVE TO BUILD A 6.5X30 RAR WILD CAT BUT GOOD LUCK FINDING BRASS OR AMMO. HELL ID ALMOST BUY A 30 RAR RIFLE TO REBARREL IF THEY SOLD BRASS FOR IT . RANT OFF.

ILL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR A 458 BARREL OR BLANK. YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TWIST YOU NEED AN TRY TO FIND A BLANK THATS NOT SUPER BIG ON THE OD. THE LESS TURNING I HAVE TO DO THE BETTER AS IT CAN CREATE STRESS AN HURT ACCURACY AS WELL AS IT TAKES A LONGER TO MAKE.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER RPK RSB AN GB AS THEY ALLOW A MUCH BIGGER BARREL OD . A 458 CAN BE DONE WITH STANDARD BARREL PARTS BUT WITH THAT BIG OF A BORE THE BARRELS GONG TO BE PRETTY THIN. MAKING THIS GUN A LITTLE HEAVY WILL HELP RECOIL AS WELL AN ITS GOING TO HAVE RECOIL. ID THINK ABUT A BREAK IF IT WERE MINE.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HERE IS ONE BANK I KNOW OF . NO IDEA IF THE TWIST ID CORRECT.

.458 Cal. 1:14 twist 27" x 1.20" Round Blank

TO BAD A 45 CAL BARREL IS TO SMALL ID ( I THINK)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's the right ID - .458 is .458! Twist should be fine...
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

458 barrel for ar15

458 socom barrel blank

458 socom barrel in stock

458 socom barrels bolts for ar style rifles
458 socom integral suppressor
458 socom subsonic load data
458 socom subsonic load data for bolt gun

458socom barrel in stock

ar 15 458 socom barrels
building a 458 socom with 45 acp barrel blank
effectiveness of 458 socom muzzle brake
tromix 458 socom stuff
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.