Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AK in .223 ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    hmmmm I used a polish rail set on my weiger clone an a tapco universial on the others.

is the 223 an 5.56 rear ward in the reciver vs a 7.62????

I had honestly really never tought about it being in a different location until this thread.

id like to know how far the tip is from the end of the reciver or breach face on a 223

the weiger clone really dents the case in the middle while my romy varmint set up dings the shoulder .

ill have to compare the two. an see were there positioned . either way tere likely going to hit . the romy bolt has a extracter much like a 5.45 were the bolt is cut away around it. so the different style of extracter might be the big difference.
    I would like to know this as well. I built an adjustable gas block to keep the cases from getting dented. If moving the ejector back would help that would be good. Mine is made on romy 7.62 kit, bulgy bbl & bolt,weiger & bulgy mags. Had to narrow bottom of romy carrier to go thru feed lips. Its a great shooter. Wish this ammo shortage would slack up. I'd really like to take her out to the range again.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

A spare dust cover opened up in a little bit of split rubber tubing glued on will help keep the cases from getting wrecked. I did that on my varmit build .my gas port is as small as possable now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ok against my better wishes i will contribute since I just finished building one
    over the past 15-20yrs i have been collecting east german parts

with this build, parts come from a various sources, so it will be mis-matched but mostly if not all east german/US

the barrel is a apex wieger barrel,
    the trunnion is east german 74, from germany
    the bolt carrier & safety selector and top cover and recoil spring is east german 47 from Northridge,
    the 223 bolt is of unknown origin,
    the 74 gas block, the front sight and rear sight block and trigger guard come from AA-Ok
    the stock comes from Northridge,
    the reciever is a Henderson,
    the internals and muzzle brake , guide rod are tapco,
    the mag is polish from RTG

everything fit together ok, the 223/556mm round load into the chamber I did have to slightly file down the bullet guide to stop the mis feeds, very accurate just what i expected from a Suhl made barrel, no dented cases
    thanks to the poster who recommended the polish mags last fall I got plenty before the december incident

since its almost all east german, I would like to think its a working model to build up the wieger and for me that is the case, i should have my wieger made from mostly east german and us clone parts soon enough
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SO IS THE BOLT THE LONG TYPE LIKE A 5.45??? OR A TYPICAL STYLE ?? LARGE OR SMALL STEM? IM ASSUMING LARGE STEM AS ITS A 47 CARRIER . DOES THE BOLT HAVE A SPRING LOADED PIN???? DID YOU JUST MOVE THE BARREL BACK TO WORK PROPERLY???? WAS THE WEIGER BARREL 22 MM ALREADY ??????

NICE LOOKING BUILD BTW ID LIKE TO SEE TRY A POLISH MAG ONE OF THESE DAYS . I ASSUME ITS A 223 SPECIFIC MAG??? I HAVE ALWAYS USED BULGY 223 MAGS AS THEY USED TO BE DIRT CHEAP FOR THE 10 ROUNDERS . WHAT OTHER MAGS WILL YOURS RUN ?????

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yes to all your questions
    as you know from my back channel PM's I have been hestient to post my build activity of late, and I thought I have given up on building Ak variants 10 years ago, but I have enough kits and made up part kits now is the time

yes large stem bolt, I pick up the bolt on sturmgewher a few years back it has no serial numbers and is spring loaded, yes I had to move the barrel back to accomindate the difference
    no the barrel fit right in tight with the east german trunnion, everything else lined up
    I work around the polish mags, because they were milspec and durable and at $24 a piece (used) not cheap, I did consider modifying a few EG bakelites like century did, but I decided against it, wieger mags will not fit, because of the bullet guide. yes the polish mags are marked 5.56 x 45mm so they are specific, they are made for the new polish 223 ak varient

thanks for the compliment, so I hope to have my wieger finished soon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks for posting. I suspect your bolt might be bulgy. I know there spring loaded. Are also about the only ones I've ever seen for sale in 223.

I Hope you share the weiger when you build it. While mine is not very correct I love how it feels and handles. mine has a small Stem Romanian bolt. I love to have some real weiger parts to build one.

My clone uses Galil mags i added just a bit of weld to the front lug to keep them raised in the Rommy 223 trunnion they work as is in my varmint build on a x39 trunnion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I will post the wieger since i started the very original post, that Pookie finished with his build, saw a few over at Akforum, but i believe ( and i could be wrong) mine will have the most original parts and/ or clone parts, again i could be wrong

my wieger will also use wieger mags, wish I had gotten that bayo lug from mt dew, I was going post a want for a beat up front sight and file it down seems I going to have to do it anyway

my wife really like this 223 parts build, believe it or not, she likes the pebble grain buttstock and how light it is compared to the wood stock
    thanks for the positive imput and encouragement

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THAT BAYO MOUNT IS SAID TO BE FOR A PSL THERE MIGHT BE SOME AROUND UNDER psl PARTS.

SOME WERE THERE WERE BAYO LUGS FOR SALE A FEW MONTHES AGO IN A DEALERS MISC SECTION FOR LIKE $10 I WISH I HAD SAVED THE SITE. I ALMOST BOUGHT A FEW FOR USING ON A MOSIN OR SOME THING OR TO ADD A BAYO TO A PIPE FOR A QUICK SPEAR. WHAT EVER.

IF I CANT USE THE THE LUG ILL PASS IT ALONG TO YOU .

I HAVE SEEN WERE A COMPANY USED TO ADD BAYO LUGS TO SARS AN NON BAYO GUNS BY WEDLING ON A BLOCK OR BUILDING UP WELD AN THEN MACHINIG IT TO LOOK ORIGINAL .

MY CLONE HAS VERY FEW ORIGINAL PARTS

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Great job Sprat. That really looks good.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

thank you I have had plenty of practice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.