Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x25mm Polish Tantal carbine build

Feedback Score

yes, I test fired last night with an empty shell with a primer and it fired fine.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have modified the follower in the mag to stop the bolt when empty so the bolt will not hit the barrel and it will have a stop on the trunnion.

I WAS EDITING MY POST WHILE YOU WERE WRITTING THIS .

THAT MIGHT WORK TO KEEP THE BOLT FROM HITTING THE BARREL ITS GOING TO HIT IF YOU LET THE CARRIER GO WITH NO MAG. NOT GOING TO BE AS OFTNE AS RUNNING OUT OF AMMO GRANTED.

ID STILL BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE BOLT BEING SHOT BACK IN THE CARRIER WITH ONLY THE GROOVE TO STOP IT. SOME WERE THERE IS A THREAD ON ANOHTER SITE WERE A GUY TRIED TO MILL IN A SLOT TO PUT THE BOLT IN A MIDDLE POSITION AN RUN IT WITH NO MODS TO THE BOLT OR WLEDING AN IT FAILED DUE TO THE SLOT GETTING BEATEN UP.

Feedback Score

With the carrier forward and a shell in the chamber the back of the bolt sticks out the back of the bolt carrier about a 16th of an inch and there is no back and forth movement of the bolt the only time the bolt will be able to move back and forth is when the chamber is empty and the bolt will stay in contact of the of the notch in the bolt carrier because the recoil will be on the bolt not the carrier and when it chambers a new round.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Your putting the entire force of the round on a very small Section of a groove on a carrier.If your head spaced on a stop in the forced back position the. The bolt will hit the barrel when empty.

That carreier groove is not going to hold up.

If you have a stop on the trunion any variation in ammo is going to result in play between the bolt an an carrier. In that case the hammer is coming back hard..

I have several blow backs an hammer pin wear is more than gas Op builds. Those builds have zero bolt to carrier movement.

Feedback Score

How did we go from bolt play to hammer pin wear the hammer is not coming back that much harder than in a regular AK because the hammer is further forward than in a standard AK and with the cocking stud on the back of the bolt carrier removed it takes more force to cock the hammer.You don't head space on the trunnion you head space on the cartridge the bolt should have pressure on the cartridge at all times the only reason for the stop is when the chamber is empty so the bolt does not hit the barrel which it will not do. Yes with variation in ammo the bolt could be loose and there is not as much variation in commercial ammunition. I will not be using foreign or surplus ammunition I will be using Winchester ammo and reloading my own ammo to keep it consistent. The bolt carrier is pretty hard so i don't see it failing except for maybe after several thousand rounds.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i don't see it failing except for maybe after several thousand rounds
    LOL THATS WAS ABOUT TWO DAYS OF USE WHEN AMMO WAS CHEAP. I STUCK A 1000 ROUNDS THROUGH THREE TOEROVS IN A WEEKEND WHEN IT WAS $90 FOR 1260 ROUNDS . ONE X25 I HELPED WITH THE GUY HAS OVER 6000 ROUNDS ON IT. AN HES HAS FEW DIFFERANT ISSUES. ITS A GREAT ROUND

You don't head space on the trunnion you head space on the cartridge the bolt should have pressure on the cartridge at all times
    ON MY SET UPS THE DISTANCE FROM BEING ON THE BRASS ON A IN SPEC CASE AN ON THE STOP IF THE ROUND WERE SOME HOW SHORT OR EMPTY IS ABOUT .008" I CAN RUN MORE BUT WHY? I DONT HAVE THE STANDARD BOLT TO BARREL SPECS HANDY ON A STANDARD AK BUT ITS NOT MUCH. CERTAINLY LESS THAN THE BOLT PLAY IN THE CARRIER PLAY. THE REASON IS I WANT AS MUCH OF THE CASE SUPPORTED. . IF YOUR STOP IS SET TO KEEP THE BOLT OFF THE CARRER WITH ALL THE PLAY THEN THE BOLT IS REALLY AWAY FROM THE BARREL ON A LIVE ROUND .

A BETTER SUPPORTED CASE WILL LIKELY REDUCE STRETCHING AN HELP CASE LIFE. I DONT CURRENTLY RELOAD X25 BUT WILL SOON WHEN MY CASES OF SURPLUS RUN OUT. IM GOING TO BE USING 223 AS BASE BRASS BTW.

HOW MUCH CASE PROTRUSION DO YOU HAVE?????? I MAINTAINED ABOUT WHAT A STANDARD GAS OP 7.62X39 WAS ON ALL THE BARRELS I DID FOR GUYS AN MY OWN STUFF. I HAVE THOSE NUMBERS WRITTEN DOWN. ON A PPSH BARREL I THINK THE PROTRUSION IS EVEN LESS.

IF YOU WANT TO RUN COMMERCIAL BRASS GREAT BUT THERE IS NO REASON IT SHOULD NOT RUN COMMERCIAL .

THE HAMMER CAN AN WILL SLAM BACK IN ANY SITUATION WERE THE BOLT MOVES BEFORE THE NEEDED WEIGHT OF THE CARREIR CONTOLS IT.

YOUR GOING TO SEE MORE WEAR ON A THE HAMMER PINS OF A BLOW BACK BECAUSE IN A GAS OP THE SLAP TO THE HAMMER IS REDUCED BECAUSE THE LUGS ARE HOLDING THINGS INITALY AN THE CARRIER IS DRIVEN BACK BY THE GAS PISTION AN THATS WHAT MOVES THE HAMMER . HOW MANY FPS DO YOU THINK THAT BOLT WILL DO IF THERE IS ANY PLAY IN YOUT SET UP??? THAT MOVMENT IS DIRECTLY ON THE HAMMER. I ONLY MENTIONED IT BECAUSE I NOTED IT ON SEVERAL BUILDS
    WERE HAMMER PINS BEGAN TO MOVE SLIGHTLY SOME THING NONE OF MY IDENTICAL MADE RECIVERS HAD ENCOUNTERD ON A LOT OF GAS BUILDS. THE INITAL MOVMENT OF THE CARRER ON A BLOW BACK SEEMS FASTER EVEN IF THE BOLT IS SOLID TO THE CARRIER ESPECIALY ON A X25 .

AS I HAVE STATED I HAVE SEEN WERE A MIDDLE PLACED SET UP OF THE BOLT WITH A MACHINED IN GROOVE TO ALLOW THE BOLT TO ROTATE IN FAILED. THE SET UP HAD ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF ENGAGEMENT AS WHAT YOUR PROPOSING AN MUCH LESS FOR AN AFT PLAY. YOUR WHOLE ASSEMBLY,S RELIABILITY IS DEPENDANT ON A VERY SMALL AREA OF A CARRIER SLOT ENGAGING ON THE BOLT. AN TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THE ENGMENT IS GOING TO WEAR FROM THE FACT THAT THE BOLT TO CARRIER SLOP IS GOING TO MAKE THE BOLT TRY TO CLIMB OUT OF THERE OR RIDE OVER.

I DONT HAVE THE ROCKWELL NUMBERS BUT IMO FROM MACHING STUFF ON BOTH CARRIERS AN TRUNIONS THE CARRIER IS SOFTER . I MAY BE WRONG .

YOUR BASICALY SHOOING THE BOLT INTO THE CARRIER EVEN IF THERE IS NO PLAY ON FIRING THERE WILL BE WEAR ITS COING TO MOVE SOME JUST FROM CYCLING .

YOU ARE CORRECT THAT YOU CAN RUN ZERO HEAD SPACE WITH A STOP BUT YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO INCREASE THE UNSUPPORTED AREA OF THE CASE IF YOU GOT SLOP IN THE ASSEMBLY IF YOUR STOP KEEPS THE BOLT OFF THE BARREL.

YOU LIKELY HAVE A PRETTY GOOD CHAMFER ON THE BARREL AN YOU LIKELY WONT SEE A SITUATION WERE A CASE WONT CHAMBER FULLY FROM DAMAGE BUT IF IT DOES HAPPEN CASE RUPTURE CAN BE A BIG PROBLEM . I HAD A BUDDIES GUN NOT FULLY CHAMBER AN A CASE RUPTURE RESULTED AN HE IS LUCKY HE WAS NOT HURT. HIS ISSUE WAS FROM EXTRACTER TO BARREL CONTACT AN A BURR STOPED IT FROM FULLY CHAMBERING. ONE OF THE DOWN FALLS OF A BLOW BACK IS IT CAN FIRE WITH OUT A ROUND FULLY SEATED UNLIKE WERE A GAS GUN WERE THE TANG WILL STOP THE BOLT.

IM NOT TRYING TO BUST YOUR BALLS . I HAVE DONE A FEW BLOW BACKS INCLUDING NON AKS AN LIKEY HAVE MADE 1/2 THE 7.62X25 BARRELS ON AKS AROUND IF THERE 16" . IM JUST NOTING SOME OF WHAT I HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND AN ON THE NET

ID REALLY CONSIDER THE STRENGTH OF THE BOLT TO CARRIER CONNECTION AN HOW IT MIGHT WEAR, THE ONE THAT IM AWARE OF FAILING THE BOLT WENT ABOUT 1/2" BEFORE THE CARRIER WEIGHT STOPED IT . I WAS ALL FOR HIS SET UP UNTIL IT HAD A ISSUE AN HAD PLANNED TO COPY IT. HIS FAILED AFTER ABOUT 300 ROUNDS AS I RECALL AN WAS A 9MM.

I UNDER STAND YOUR RELUCTIANCE TO MODIFY A BOLT BUT FOR ABOUT $60 OR SO FOR THE COST OF ONE ID THINK ID DO IT DIFFERANT ESPECALY SINCE I SAW A FALURE OF A SIMUALR SET UP.

I DO LIKE THE BOLT FORWARD ASPECT OF YOU BUILD . I HAVE SEEN UNMODED BOLTS WERE A GROVE WAS MACHINED TO ALLOW THE BOLT TO ROTATE IN IN THE BACK POSITION WERE THE HEAD WAS AGAINST THE CARRIER ON THE NET.

THE CAPS ARE NOT YELLING AN IM NOT TRYING TO SLAM YOU BTW. ILL BE HAPPY TO BE WRONG AN SEE YOUR SET UP RUN FINE.

Feedback Score

The Bulgarian ak74 bolt carrier i am using is hard i was going to add a set screw to hold the bolt in place but my brand new center punch just left a light scratch on the carrier. my gun will not fire if the bolt is a few thousands out of battery because of the angle of the hammer face it will not hit the firing pin. the only exposed part of the case when in the chamber is the extractor groove

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

my gun will not fire if the bolt is a few thousands out of battery because of the angle of the hammer face it will not hit the firing pin
    GOOD . WATCH FOR BATTERING ON THE BOLT IF THE HAMMER DOES NOT HIT SQUARE. BEEN THERE .

MY NEW BULGY BOLT AN CARRIERS HAVE ABOUT .092" OF TRAVEL IN THE SLOT BACK AN FORTH.

the only exposed part of the case when in the chamber is the extractor groove
    THATS IMPOSABLE ON A UNMODIFED BOLT!

THE BOLT FACE IS ABOUT .115 RECESSED ON A THE AVERAGE BULGY BOLT ACCORDING TO MY NOTES. SO YOUR GOING TO HAVE AT LEAST THAT MUCH . ANY LESS AN THE EXTRACTER MIGHT STILL CATCH BUT THE ROUND WILL NOT BE FULL CHAMBERED. AN YOU WILL HAVE THE BOLT HITTING THE BARREL OR A STOP .

IF YOU HAVE ZERO PROTRUSION YOU NOT FULLY CHAMBERING THE ROUND IF THE ROUND IS AGAINST THE BOLT. IT WILL BE AT LEAST .114" APROX FROM BEING SEATED ON THE SHOULDER.AT THE DATUM LINE IN YOUR CHAMBER IN A ZERO HEAD SPACE NO BOLT TO BARREL CLERANCE SITUATION. THAT WOULD BE A VERY UNSAFE SITUATION.

YOU GOING TO NEED A AT LEAST .112 TO .114 ON THE DOZEN OR SO BOLTS I HAVE SEEN AN THEN A LITTLE MORE ( I GO .008 BOLT TO CARRIER CLERANCE ON BOTH BLOW BACK AN GAS OP)

7.62 X 39 AVERAGES ABOUT .108" BOLT FACE RECESS BTW. AN THE CASE PROTRUSION IS ABOUT .113" THAT GIVES ABOUT .005 ON BOLT TO BARREL CLERANCE WITH ZERO HEAD SPACE. WITH .002 HEAD SPACE YOUR AT ABOUT .007 OFF THE BARREL ON A AVERAGE BUILD MINIUM.

I DONT HAVE NOTES ON WHAT FACTORY 5.45 CASE PROTRUSION IS BUT ITS GOING TO BE AT LEAST .115" AN LIKLEY .119 T0 .122.

I MILL CARRIERS ALL THE TIME WITH HIGH SPEED STEEL END MILLS I HAVE ALSO DRILLED THEM TO BE LIGHTER ON A BLOW BACK AS WELL AS CUT OFF CHARGING HANDELS THERE HARD BUT THERE NOT TO HARD TO MACHINE . THE BOLT IS ALSO MACHINABLE WITH HS STEEL TOOLING . I HAVE OPENED UP AT LEAST 20 BOLT FACES IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. IM NOT SURE WHY YOUR PUNCH WONT MAKE A DENT. IS IT A GOOD QUALITY ONE?? IM NOT SAYING THE CARRIER IS SOFT I WILL SAY THE GROOVE FOR THE BOLT IS NOT DESIGEND TO BE A LUG TO STOP THE BOLT .

YOUR MAIN PROBLEM IS YOU HAVE ABOUT ZERO SQUARE FACE TO FACE CONTACT BETWEENN THE BOLT AN THE CARRER!!! AN THATS WITH NEW PARTS! YOU PROPOSING TO PUT ABOUT POTENTIONALY 40000 PSI OF BOLT THRUST ( DONT QUOTE ME ON THE THOE NUMBERS AS BEING EXACT I DONT HAVE THE MATH IN FRONT OF ME) ON A CONTACT AREA THAT IS MADE UP TWO OPOSING RADIOUSES! HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE ACTUAL CONTACT AREA????????? I HAVE ON 5 SEPRATE NEW BULGY 5.45 ASSEMBLIES AN THERE ALL THE SAME. . YOU HAVE ABOUT .080" WERE THE GROOVE IN THE CARRIER IS SQUARE AN NOT PART OF THE TWO RADIOUSES FROM THE MACHINING . I LOOKED A 5 BULGY CARRIERS AN THATS THE AVERAGE. THE REST OF THE SLOT IS NOT GOING TO BE MAKING CONTACT EVEN IF YOU HAD FULL BOLT CONTACT AN YOU DONT !

WITH THE BOLT SITTING ON A PAIR OF SQUARE RAILS WITH ZERO CLERANCE TO PREVENT THE BOLT FROM ROTASTING ( SOME THING THAT IS IMPOSSABLE TO HAVE ) THERE IS VERY LITTLE ARE OF THE BOLT THAT IS NOT ROUNDED TOUCHING THE CARRIER GROOVE IN FACT THERE MAY NOT BE ANY SQUARE AREA . THE CONTACT AREA WITH THE BOLT TO CARRIER IN THE REAR WARD AREA WERE TO SQUARE PARTS IS HITTING IS VERY SMALL WHEN THE BOLT LUGS ARE TRUE TO WERE THE CARRIER RIDES ON THE LOWER RAILS. IF THE OUTER EDGE OF THE LUG ROTATES ONLY ABOUT .020" YOUR NOT EVEN PUSHING ON TWO SQUARE PARTS! YOUR ACTUALY PUSHING ON TWO APOSING RADIOUSED AREAS THAT WILL TRY TO SPIN THE BOLT WITH REAR WARD PRESSERE IN THE DIRECTION OF UN LOCKING. YOUR TALKING AROUND 30,000 PSI CHAMBER PRESSURE AN ABOUT 4000 POUNDS OF POUNDS OF POSSABLE THRUST ( DONT QUOTE ME) PUSHING BACK ON A BASICALY CAMED TO THE SPIN BOLT IF THER IS ANY CLERANCE IN YOUR RECIVER TO BOLT . SINCE A NDS OR ANY RECIVER HAS A LOT OF UP AN DOWN PLAY AS WELL AS SIDE TO SIDE AN THEN THERE IS THE SLOP IN THE STEM TO CARRIER I SEE KNOW WAY YOUR NOT GOING TO HAVE THE BOLT TRYING TO ROTATE OUT OF ITS SLOT. I JUST TOOK A BARND NEW NDS RECIVER WITH OUT REAR TRUNION SO I COULD SLIDE THE CARREIR AN BOLT ASSEMPLY BACK PAST THE RAILS I USED A ROD TO GIVE REAR WARD THRUST ON THE BOLT AN WHEN THE BOLT CLEARED THE RAILS WITH JUST MINIMAL TWIST AN TAKING UP ALL THE SLOP THE BOLT ROTATRED OUT OF THE CARRIER EVERY TIME WEHN IT CLEARED THE RAILS ! NOW ADD ABOUT 5000 PUNDS OF THRUST IN THE ALSO SUDEN IMPULSE AN TELL ME HOW YOU EXPECT THE BOLT TO NOT TRY TO TWIST OUT ???? THE RAIL IS NOT DESIGNED TO STOP IT FROM TWISTING UNDER HIGH PRESSURE . FROM WHAT I CAN SEE WITH UNMODIFED PARTS THERE IS LIKLEY GOING TO BE A LOT OF PRESSURE ON THE RAIL. I CAN TELL YOU THAT JUST A UNEVEN LUG ENGAGEMTN ON A GAS OP WILL CAUSE THE CARRIER TO COCK FLEX THE RECIVER TO WIDEN IT PERMINATLY . I CANT IMAGINE WHEN YOUR TWO CONTACT AREAS ARE OPOSING RADIUSES OF THE EDGE OF YOUR CARRIER SLOT AN THE ROUNDED ARE OF THE BOLT.

EVEN IF THE SLOP IN THE ASSMPLY WERE NOT HERE AN YOU HAD A FULL CONTACT OF THE TWO SQUARE AREAS THAT YOU WILL NEVER ACHIEVE, YOU STILL ONLY HAVE ABOUT .080 OF AREA ON THE SLOT OF CONTACT AREA FOR THE BOLT TO HIT AN THER BOLT IS ONLY HITTING .030 IF YOUR LUCKY SQUARE.

YOUR WHOLE DESIGN IS DEPENDANT ON THE BOLT THAT IS BASCIALY ALREADY CAMED TO ROTATE OUT UNDER PRESSURE TO BE HELD IN BY A SHEET METAL RAIL ON A SHEET METAL RECIVER THT ALREADY HAS PLAY.

JUST TAKE THE BOLT AN CARREIER IN YOUR HANDS EYEBALL SQUARE THE LUGS TO THE CARRIER AN PUSH BACK ON THE BOLT IT TAKES VERY VERY LITTLE FORCE BEOFRE IT SPINS OUT. AD ANY SIDE PLAY AN IT WONT HOLD AT ALL. YOU PUTTING A LOT OF FAITH ON A .040 THICK SHEET METAL RAIL TO KEEP YOU FACE SAFE. BTW IT WILL BE PUSHING DOWN ON THE RH RAIL THE THINER OF THE TWO THAT RAIL IS .040 THICK . SO WAHTS GOING TO MOVE FIRST THE .040 SHEET METAL RAIL THAT IS UNSUPORTED ON ITS END OR THE ONE PUND PLUS CARRIER?????

THE MORE I LOOKED INTO THE SET UP THE MORE I SEE WRONG. BEARING IN MIND THT I KNOW OF A GUN THAT FAILED THAT HAD A SLOT MILLED INTO A AREA THAT HAD EVEN MORE CONTACT OF THE BOTL AS THE SLOT WAS MILLED FURTHER DOWN ON A CARRIER THAT WAS NOT MILED AWAY LIKE A BULGY 5.45 FURTHER BACK. ON HIS THE SLOT JUST WORE TO THE POINT OF THE BOLT STARTING TO RIDE OVER. ON YOUR SET YOU GOT ABOUT .030" OF SQUARE CONTACT AREA IF YOUR LUCKY . EVEN IF IT DOSENT TWIST ITS GOING TO WEAR FAST.

TO PUT IT ANOTHER WAY YOU HAVE ABOUT A PIN HEADS OF CONTAGT AREA AN IT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE SQUARE TO EACH OTHER BEING USED AS A CONNECTION TO SHOVE A ONE POUND CARRER BACK AN IF THE RAIL ALLOWS THE BOLT TO ROTATE IS OUTER LUG ABOUT .035" OR LESS DOWN THERE NOTING STOPING THE BOLT FROM GOING BACK 3/4S OF A INCH REALLY REALLY FAST.

I WAS INTRIGUED BUY YOUR IDEAS BECAUSE IMO GETTING THE BARREL CLOSER TO THE MAG IS KEY TO A SUCESS FULL PISTOL CAL AK. HOWEEVER UNLESS THERE IS AWAY TO INSURE A BETTER INTERFACE OF THE TWO PARTS ILL STAY AWAY FROM IT . THE RESSURES YIUR DEALING WITH ARE SOME THING TO BE VERY CAREFULL OF.

YOU MIGHT GET AWAY WITH A WELL FITED BLOCK BETWEEN THE BOLT HEAD AN THE CARRIER . HOWEVER IS EE NO WAY THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE ROTATIONAL FORCE ON THE RAIL SOMEHTING IS NOT GAMBLE ON.

I LOOKED AT HOW YOIU CAN WORK AROUND THE ISSUES I SEE. AN ASIDE FROM A TWO PIECE BLOCK SOME HOW GOING AROUND THE STEM I SEE NO NON PERMINATE MODIFICATIONS THAT WEILL WORK.

I HAVE ONE IDEA THAT WOULD POSSABKLY WORK IF YOUR WILLING TO ODIFY A CARRIER ( THE CHEAPER OF THE TWO PARTSA N LIKEY EASYIEST TO FIND.

IF I WERE NOT GOING TO MOD THE BOLT I WOULD MILL THE VERY END OF THE CARRIER SLOT OPEN DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE THE CHARGE HANDEL TO ALLOW THE BOLT TO ROTATE OUT AN BE REMOVED FFROMTHE FRONT AN THEN I WOULD WELD IN THE GROOVE BEHIND THE BOLT COMPLETLY ACROSS TO ALLOW THE ENTIRE BACK OF THE BOLT TO MAKE CONTACT . ID SET IT UP SO THERE WAS ZERO FOR AFT PLAY ELEMINATING OTER ISSUES AN THEN ID MILL OR GRIND THE BACK OF THE CARRIER TO ALLOW THE PIN TO PROTRUDE FOR A HAMMER STRIKE. THIS WOULD IMO OFFER A SAFFER MORE RELIABLE SET UP. WHATS A CARRIER COST THESE DAYS ??$60 - $75? YOU COULD GRIND THE SLOT OPEN VS MILL AS IM AWARE YOU DONT HAVE A LOT TO WORK WITH THE WELDING SHOULD BE DONE WITH A 4140 TYPE OF ROD .

HELL YOU MIGHT BE EVEN TO WELD IN A BLOCK THAT COULD BE REMOEVED LATER ??

THIS THREAD HAS GIVEN ME S FEW IDEAS AS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS TODAY AS IM PLANING ANOTHER BLOW BACK IN 9MMX23 WIN THAT WILL USE A 7.62X25 MAG. I FIGURE IF YOU CAN MAKE X25 FROM 223 YU CAN ALSO MAKE A PRETTY HOT 9MM ROUND AS WELL. I LIKELY WILL JUST MILL AN ENTIRE BOLT/CARREIR ASSEMBLY LIKE THE ONES THAT WERE SOLD COMMERCIALY BUT TO MY SPECS AS WELL AS A FRONT TRUNON / BLOCK TO HOLD THE BARREL. ON A BLOW BACK IF YOU HAVE A MILL OR EVEN A DRILL PRESS OU CAN MAKE A TRUNINON FROM SOME 1 1/4'" STOCK MAYBE EVEN ALUMINUM . YOUR BOLT HOLD BACK MAG WOULD WORK WELL FOR A ALUMINUM TRUNION .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

AFTER A LITTLE MORE THOUGHT WHY NOT JUST OPEN THE END OF THRE SLOT TO ALLOW BOLT REMOVAL ACROSS FROM THE CHARGE HANDEL AN JUST ADD A BUSHING OR BLOCK WITH A HOLE BORED AROUND THE BOLT STEM ????? SINCE THE BOLT WOULD NOW ROTATE IN FROM THE FRONT A BUSHIUNG COULD BE ONE PIECE . ID CHAMFER IT TO FIT THE BACK OF THE BOLT HEAD AN YOU WOULD HAVE TO SLOT IT FOR THE EJECTER AN MAKE IT FIT SOLID AGAINST THE CARRIER . A BLOCK COULD BE MADE NOT TO ROATE SO THE EJECTER SLOT WOULD BE IN CORRECT PLACEMNT. A SLEAVE OR BUSHING ID JUST USE A PRESS FIT TO KEEP THE SLOT WERE IT NEEDS TO BE.

THIS SET UP WOULD ELEMIATE ANY WELDINNG AN THE CARRIER SLOT COULD EVEN BE WELDED BACK UP SOME DAY .

Feedback Score

I have no access to a welder or any machinery other than a drill press so if I am going to have to do any milling or other major work to get this built I will just have to ditch this project.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.