Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x25mm Polish Tantal carbine build

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IF YOU GET IT UP AN RUNNING AN IT FEEDS AN ALL THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS WELD INTHE BLOCK I SUSPOSE LATER .

I SEE THE CARRIER WAS NOT SO HARD YOU COULD NOIT DRILL AN TAP IT.

WHAT MATERIAL IS THE BLOCK MADE OF ????? IS IT SOMETHING YOU CAN TEMPER???

Feedback Score

Actually it was we ruined two American made machinist drills. It drilled about a 16th of an inch deep so we had to go to a machinist shop to get a carbide bit then we broke two brand new taps before we finally got it tapped it was soft on the outside but hard inside. the block is made from annealed spring steel so it should temper fine.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THAT SHOP DOSENT HAVE ANY ONE WHO CAN WELD ???????

I HAVE DONE A LOT OF MILLING AN DRILLING ON CARRIERS AN YEA THERE HARD. IF YOU GET YOUR BIT TO HOT IT WILL ACTUALY HARDEN THE HOLE YOUR TRYING TO DRILL MAKING IT WORSE. . I HAD THAT HAPPEN ON A REAR TRUNION ONCE. YOU NEED A VERY SHARB HIGH QUALITY BIT AN LOTS OF OIL .

THE CARRIER IS JUST HARD TO START WITH . I REDUCED THE WEIGHT ON ONE BY DRILLING AN MILLING AN IT WAS NO FUN .

YUGO FRONT TRUNIONS ARE THE HARDES AK PART I HAVE SEEN SO FAR . ITS ALMOST IMPOSSABLE TO TAP THE HOLES FOR A SCREW BUILD WITH A CORRECT SIZE HOLE. LAST ONE TOOK THREE TAPS.

ID THINK SPRING STEEL WILL WORK OK OR AT LEAST AS WELL AS ANYTHING ELSE.

Feedback Score

I had to practically beg for the carbide bit. They said they are to far behind that they might be able to do it in a couple of months I could probably learn how to do it myself in less time than that. To tell you how bad it is here where i live we have 2 hardware stores and i asked them if they had any deming drills and they did not know what i was talking about so i went to the drill bits and they had several sizes and brands but they did not know they had them.

Feedback Score

Default 7.62x25mm polish tantal

The build is almost complete Just need to install the front sight, and the head space block and paint it then it will be done. I test fired it today 10 rounds and it functioned perfectly with no problems here is a picture so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 7.JPG (31.6 KB, 15 views)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That came out nice

How did you mount the PPs pistol grip?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looking good. Glad it runs good. I need to take mine out and run it some more.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Thanks guys the grip is mounted with four screws two on each side of the pps43 grip plate with four nuts on the inside of the receiver.

Feedback Score

That's a nice rifle.
    This is a 9mm Vityaz clone I designed in pistol form.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Damn, that came out nice Kenny!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.