Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ak x25 bolt drawings

Master Endmill Breaker Rhino_66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Got dimensions for the firing pin and extractor holes? If so, I can (easily) add them to this...

Is the firing pin a proprietary piece or an off-the-shelf item (1911, AK, etc.)?

The most damning evidence is the truth.

That which does not kill you, really really really hurts...

Gunco Member #21

Feedback Score

The EOD firing pin was just a piece of cut down drill rod. I don't have any specs though.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SO WHY IS EOD GOING ON ABOUT HOW THE PIN HAS SOME SPECIAL COATING THA TLATS EXTRA ONG BLA BLA BLA AN IS THE SAME AS A AK74 ?

iS THIS BOLT DIFFERANT THAN THE ONE DESCIBED ON AR15COM ? THE SITE THAT HERE LINK SEND SENDS YOU TO ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I got on of these EOD bolts recently, I'll make time this weekend to get some info from it and hopefully post pic(s) to go with it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    SO WHY IS EOD GOING ON ABOUT HOW THE PIN HAS SOME SPECIAL COATING THA TLATS EXTRA ONG BLA BLA BLA AN IS THE SAME AS A AK74 ?

iS THIS BOLT DIFFERANT THAN THE ONE DESCIBED ON AR15COM ? THE SITE THAT HERE LINK SEND SENDS YOU TO ?
    I have no idea? I bought mine in 2010
    The firing pin was soft. I'd have to keep filing it so it wouldn't stick forward and go into full auto fire.
    HART SYSTEMS
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Some were in all this they claim its a ak 74 pin they make thats got a special coating or treatment that lasts longer than extractor is the same as a 9mm colt ar or some thing lke that .

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/12...t_.html&page=1

Feedback Score

I think Jim told me on the phone a AK firing pin would work in his bolt, but that's not what came with the bolt I was shipped though.
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

In the above link there saying it uses a 5.45 AK pin thet make an sell ? there site directs you tot hat link also I think .

I dont really care Im not buying there bolt any way Id just like to know what they use .

A ar pin would be the simple route to take if your making one an it is easy to spring load .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

from the above link ' I am assumin ghtis is a eod persoan writting this ???? maybe they changed the design ????

If you are a customer and are not satisfied send the bolt back to me and I will refund your money.

I am available both through e-mail and I do return my calls I haven't heard from you. So why is it that you choose to rake my product over the coals in a public forum?

I have designed this like it is for a reason. The deep bolt face allows the use of a standard ak74 firing pin as a direct replacement. The function of the feed lip at the bottom of the bolt is to push the cartridge into battery and acts as a shroud to protect and support the rear of the cartridge against excessive expansion. It has a deep bolt face so that the customer or builder can fit it and headspace the bolt to an existing 9mm or 7.62x25 barrel like pps43

The face of the bolt can be filed down but adding more is difficult. If you are concerned about the feed lip remove it.

The extractor is made of stainless steel and is designed to combat the corrosive effects of the 7.62x25mm ammunition. It is of a tried and true reliable design. The intent was to use a readily available extractor that the customer could replace with an off the shelf part. Not trying to reinvent the wheel here. It is the same as a Colt 9mm AR and will interchange with colt pattern 9mm AR bolts. Oh I forgot my Colt 9mm bolt also has a feed lip. HMMMMM

As for weight there is enough. If you want more we can make anything you like but custom shop rates apply.
    Oh I don't want anyone to be confused there is a weight in the front of the recoil housing on the EOD bolt. There always has been.
    The bolt I have for the PPS43 bolt weighs 1.25 lbs
    The EOD bolt I have here weighs in at 1.15lb.

These are the facts.

If anyone has any Concern CALL ME! 567-262-3601 Shop hours are on the website.

Feedback Score

I really don't know, I've never really read it. I'm more of a picture guy myself. lol
    I looked for the old EOD firing pin, but it must have been tossed by the machinist when the new spring loaded firing pin was made.
    I did read the quote you posted though about the bolt face being able to be filed down?
    I guess you could, but you be filing down the extractor at the same time.
    I not trying to knock Jim's EOD bolt, just telling what I know about it. (It not a bad product)
    Many people have used it for 7.62x25 builds and been very happy with it.
    The bolt served it's purpose just fine after I modified it, but I wanted to have a bolt designed for 9mm.
    The reason I had to not use his bolt in my second design is because it wouldn't work in a shortened receiver.
    HART SYSTEMS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.