Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ZK-9 "K" model?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I wonder if someone like Apex or Centerfire would be willing to give you a big break on cost for both quantity, as well as for the good of the community/more exposure of their name as a "sponsor" maybe?
    I doubt it, but time will tell.
    I've been looking at smartbombs cad drawings and some other options. I even eyeballed the AK47 (Freedom Fighter) rifle from Black Rain Ordnance for ideas.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm already having to buy receivers, front sight, rear sight, dust cover, rear trunnion, trigger guard, furniture, gas tubes, lower handguard retainer, FCG, pins, retainer plate and I'm sure I'm forgetting something

thats why I was thinking you could make the front trunion an RSB in one piece . RSBs are like $30 now . you could also make it take a gude rod an not need a piston like deal on the bolt .

you only need a AK gas tube if you wan it to duplicate a AK exactly . A 50 cent piece of tubing could replace a $20 original . No need for a $20 trigger guard thats not going to fit 9mm mags any way you just need a 30 cent piece of flat bar .

Id stick wiht the AK FCG an pins as there cheap . To bad you an I didn tstock up onthem whn CFS had trigger sets for like $3 .

the rear dust cover is going to cost you if you want a original look . I see the chinease ones with the rail on top pretty cheap on ebay . try to get a bulk price maybe . the rear trunion is going to cost you . one solutin is somehting lile jack squat sells . Im not sure how well they woul be reciveed on a manuafactred fore arm but for $10 an some welding you have a pistol trunion . If you can cnc front barrel blocks/ trunions an bolts a rear trunion should be easy .

as far as furniture there is not a lot super cheap . You can get AR stocks pretty cheap how ever .

Receiver blanks can be made for about $4

I think if you stray just a bit from the original AK look you can build the a lot cheaper . Im not sure how they would sell.

I have nver flet the need or want for a GB an gas tube on a blow back . Id be cool with a gue rod an nothing on top of the barrel . if its a short barrel pistol you dont really need a upper fore grip just small lower one if that . just a lip on hte bottom of the trunon would work to keep you hand from going forward .

I think a shorty pistol would sell more than a 6" or longer barrels one .

But your right if you use all original parts your only going to be saving on the cost of a trunion, bolt an carrier an you still have to make the parts to replace them so you looking at about 400 just in parts.

My thoughts have always bee use a $5 receiver flat a cheap $10 original FCG what ever springs you need an build the rest from scratch.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

thats why I was thinking you could make the front trunion an RSB in one piece . RSBs are like $30 now . you could also make it take a gude rod an not need a piston like deal on the bolt .

you only need a AK gas tube if you wan it to duplicate a AK exactly . A 50 cent piece of tubing could replace a $20 original . No need for a $20 trigger guard thats not going to fit 9mm mags any way you just need a 30 cent piece of flat bar .

Id stick wiht the AK FCG an pins as there cheap . To bad you an I didn tstock up onthem whn CFS had trigger sets for like $3 .

the rear dust cover is going to cost you if you want a original look . I see the chinease ones with the rail on top pretty cheap on ebay . try to get a bulk price maybe . the rear trunion is going to cost you . one solutin is somehting lile jack squat sells . Im not sure how well they woul be reciveed on a manuafactred fore arm but for $10 an some welding you have a pistol trunion . If you can cnc front barrel blocks/ trunions an bolts a rear trunion should be easy .

as far as furniture there is not a lot super cheap . You can get AR stocks pretty cheap how ever .

Receiver blanks can be made for about $4

I think if you stray just a bit from the original AK look you can build the a lot cheaper . Im not sure how they would sell.

I have nver flet the need or want for a GB an gas tube on a blow back . Id be cool with a gue rod an nothing on top of the barrel . if its a short barrel pistol you dont really need a upper fore grip just small lower one if that . just a lip on hte bottom of the trunon would work to keep you hand from going forward .

I think a shorty pistol would sell more than a 6" or longer barrels one .

But your right if you use all original parts your only going to be saving on the cost of a trunion, bolt an carrier an you still have to make the parts to replace them so you looking at about 400 just in parts.

My thoughts have always bee use a $5 receiver flat a cheap $10 original FCG what ever springs you need an build the rest from scratch.
    I'm looking at all kinds of options, but so far nothing has caught my eye.
    I even looked at rectangular tubing for a handguard-dust cover combo, but it really needs to be a hexagonal shape at the top to look correct.

HART SYSTEMS
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yea a dust cover could be made easy from sheet metal but its not going to look great . although a flat top cover would give it sort of a UZI look . there is also some alumium 1 1/4" channel I have seen avaliabe . ( I think )

some of the vipers an valimits use a non traditional cover I think .

Add a tri rail on it an zombie shooters will jump all over it LOL

looking at a amd 65 hand guard I think a jig coild be made to mimic some thing simular pretty easy .

you could give it sort of a taticla look an use a round hand guard like a AR an slot the gas tune area . alumunim tubing is cheap knurl or flute it an it would look cool .

use a round ring for were the GB would be to cap the hand guard an hold the gas tube .

I think the fact its not a gas gun gives you some artistic liscence here to not have to copy a AK directly .

If all else fails just make an sell the bolts an trunions alone.

I have been considering just that for several years .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

For $16 an free shipping you can get this an it has 3 rails an will coexist with the stock irons .

http://www.amazon.com/See-through-Tr...ak+scope+mount

I was considering getting couple but im broke if nothing else I could cut them up for other projets

looking at your picture I have seen some of those tri rails for some AR set up I think it was a carry handle upper set up that would all most repace the entire cover with the rail alone on a AK. they were a bit short . I have one Ill set it on top of a receiver an take you a picture . you can make the bolt under any cover you wish .

the entire rail was like $15 I recall thinking hmmmm shorty receiver pistol potential .

Im not a big tri rail fan but if you added some of those rubber covers it might look damn good .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

cheap an ugly . zombie hunters will love them
    for $17 you can to to wrong you could always remove the rail
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

For $16 an free shipping you can get this an it has 3 rails an will coexist with the stock irons .

http://www.amazon.com/See-through-Tr...ak+scope+mount

I was considering getting couple but im broke if nothing else I could cut them up for other projets

looking at your picture I have seen some of those tri rails for some AR set up I think it was a carry handle upper set up that would all most repace the entire cover with the rail alone on a AK. they were a bit short . I have one Ill set it on top of a receiver an take you a picture . you can make the bolt under any cover you wish .

the entire rail was like $15 I recall thinking hmmmm shorty receiver pistol potential .

Im not a big tri rail fan but if you added some of those rubber covers it might look damn good .
    The problem is making something everyone would like.
    Just as you don't like rails, I do and I cover my rails with ladder covers.

I'd love to make a copy of this, with a POF P12X piston driven handguard.

I always thought my design would be cooler than the Red Jacket ZK-SD, with the MI handguard
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score

Yea a dust cover could be made easy from sheet metal but its not going to look great . although a flat top cover would give it sort of a UZI look . there is also some alumium 1 1/4" channel I have seen avaliabe . ( I think )

some of the vipers an valimits use a non traditional cover I think .

Add a tri rail on it an zombie shooters will jump all over it LOL

looking at a amd 65 hand guard I think a jig coild be made to mimic some thing simular pretty easy .

you could give it sort of a taticla look an use a round hand guard like a AR an slot the gas tune area . alumunim tubing is cheap knurl or flute it an it would look cool .

use a round ring for were the GB would be to cap the hand guard an hold the gas tube .

I think the fact its not a gas gun gives you some artistic liscence here to not have to copy a AK directly .

If all else fails just make an sell the bolts an trunions alone.

I have been considering just that for several years .
    I've thought about just making a bolt and trunnion combo to sell and that idea is looking more appealing all the time.
    I'll get with my partner Monday night and talk about it. I think it might be the best option for me.
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I think rails are fine an the covers are great.

The full length rail to the gb looks good.

I just dont personaly need more than one rail.

might be good idea to do few versions to show what can be done an then sell the parts to do it.

Feedback Score

Your zk-9 looks very nice. Do you have a write up on the build anywhere?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

9 mm submachine gun gepard
smooth mp5k hand guard
vityaz clone

volk armament

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.