Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thompson 45 Parts Kits

Feedback Score

Cole Distributing has some nice 1928A1 kits. The OOW 1928A1 kits are $750 for "good" condition with finned barrel. The Cole EXCELLENT kits are for the same price. The Cole excellent kit I saw looked practically factory new w/knurled actuator, much nicer than even an IMA "super select" kit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Could on of those kits be installed on an Autordnance (Kuhr) receiver?
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score

That's what I want to know. Is there a semi auto receiver for these thompsons? I have a beauty of a 1928a1 and would love to build a pistol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AFAIK, Kahr is the only current manufacturer of semi auto Thompsons and I don't think they will sell the receiver alone. Philadelphia ordnance sells "80%" steel dummy receivers that can be machined out into a live gun, but all the blueprints I've seen are for the full auto ones. You would need a semi receiver handy to reverse engineer, or go with your own mods to the FA design.

The semis swap out the open bolt for a closed bolt with striker assembly, so the bolt would have to be extensively modified or replaced to work. The lowers are not interchangeable either and machining a semi upper to accept an FA lower, or modifying an FA lower to fit a semi upper would bring on it's own set of legal problems.

If you are wanting to use a really good kit to make a semi, you are pretty much stuck with machining a PhillyOrd blank into a one-off design to accomodate as much modified original parts as possible. Unless you submit a sample for testing, the CYA aspect of duplicating an already approved semi conversion is lost with a one-off design.

Feedback Score

SG has real nice thompson parts kits (I have seen one). They look like a new rifle that has been took apart. The one I saw was backordered for about 2 weeks, but worth the wait. (and it was only $539). Check it out HCPookie, it will really get you thinking it did me!!!
    Tobacco Man

Feedback Score

What really irks me is that the Thompson that were produced in the USA and then sold to other countries have to be chopped up to get reimported. Makes no sense.

During my time in the Army I had the chance to shoot quit a variety of FA subguns, Thompson, Uzi, MP-5, greasegun, Sterling, a Berretta 9mm.
    I totally fell in love with the Thompson. Thing is so heavy it just feels right to hold. And you can fire an entire drum in two bursts and keep all the rounds on target. Just such a great design.

It sucks how expensive parts kits are. Spending 1-200 for an AK I can afford, but trying to save up for a Thompson is a never ending battle. And the fact that you can't take a US manufactured FA and rebuild it as an FA kills me. I wish they would repeal that stupid ass 86 law. grrrr
    U.S. Army (Ret)
    NRA for Life

Feedback Score

I just got my SG M1928A1 kit from the Big brown truck, and it is a beauty! Barrel has beautiful blue-black finish, it has not been rearsenaled. Cutts comp is matching color, but has some finish rubbed off. front forearm is dinged and scratched, but it is going to be replaced with a vertical handgrip anyway. barrel bore is perfect-bright and shiny, sharp lands and grooves, no rust or corrosion anywhere.
    Buttstock is in real good condition, some minor slight dings, will come out with steam. attaching iron is perfect, sharp corners excellent finish like barrel. lower frame is the same. Bolt is bright and shiny, no wear marks at all. This gun was never fired! The USA sent thousands of these to Russia, Merchant seamen died getting these to Russia, to help them fight the Nazi's, and all they did was put them into storage for 65 years without once using them! That pisses me the fuck off!!! Oh well, at least they did a good job of storing them. nexr purchase- a philly ord. 80% receiver. Oh my aching wallet!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WHY, WHY, WHY..... would you spend $600+ on a KIT when you can buy a BRAND NEW Auto-Ordnance Thompson, semi-auto, fully compliant, with a warranty for $150+ more?????

Its like paying $500 for an Arsenal SLR parts kit when you can get a complete gun for $600.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan762
    WHY, WHY, WHY..... would you spend $600+ on a KIT when you can buy a BRAND NEW Auto-Ordnance Thompson, semi-auto, fully compliant, with a warranty for $150+ more?????

Its like paying $500 for an Arsenal SLR parts kit when you can get a complete gun for $600.
    Yeah, but its also a WWII manufactured weapon. I know its not complete, and you can't build a FA for it. But tis still a piece of history. At least thats my feeling.
    U.S. Army (Ret)
    NRA for Life

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Except 75% of the "history" gets cut-off before you ever get the parts kit.

Quote Originally Posted by aloharover
    Yeah, but its also a WWII manufactured weapon. I know its not complete, and you can't build a FA for it. But tis still a piece of history. At least thats my feeling.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.