Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thompson 45 Parts Kits

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan762
    WHY, WHY, WHY..... would you spend $600+ on a KIT when you can buy a BRAND NEW Auto-Ordnance Thompson, semi-auto, fully compliant, with a warranty for $150+ more?????

Its like paying $500 for an Arsenal SLR parts kit when you can get a complete gun for $600.
    I would guess for the same reason your post mentions you would pay a premium for an hk33 parts set when you can buy a ready to run vector 93/53 for less than $1k, the fact that other than the rec its all original and the joy of building a working firearm from a box of parts. I have had 2 of the kahrs and the qaulity control is horrible, niether have succesfully run an entire mag without malfunction

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I will indeed pay a premium for a HK33 kit but not when it approaches what I could buy a Vector for. And unfortunately the more we keep feeding the monster (paying such inflated kit prices) the more the monster grows.

Well not everyone is as handy in the machine shop as you are my friend.

I had no idea that the Kahr Thompsons were so poorely made. I have yet to hold one. I do understand your point though. Its the same reason I began building my own guns. I just couldnt stomach the crap that was being put on the market by the likes of Century Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
    I would guess for the same reason your post mentions you would pay a premium for an hk33 parts set when you can buy a ready to run vector 93/53 for less than $1k, the fact that other than the rec its all original and the joy of building a working firearm from a box of parts. I have had 2 of the kahrs and the qaulity control is horrible, niether have succesfully run an entire mag without malfunction
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

youre right there is a lot of crap bieng churned out currently. I like you wish I had some of those hk33 sets dsa sold for $295.
    I really had high hopes for the kahr thompson, I have a couple of their pistols and they are just little works of art but the thompson doesnt even look like its bieng built by the same group of people. The last one I bought was a real disapointment. I had high hopes initialy based on their pistols . did I say amt recently LOL
    I notice you are looking for a 91 rec, Is the jld worth the money? I need one also

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I just saw the jld the other day. so far what Ive heard is positive. I may place an order here pretty soon for one.

Ya know what sucks about the HK33 kits? Looking at the ads when they came out I new that this was a precarious deal and that I should buy right away... But of course my cash flow was not cooperating.

I wired my AMT together so it will hold the mag and can be shouldered. Man...what a sweet piece of hardware. ....Dont tease me. Thats one I would drop everything for.

I picked up one of those MG3 HK 50 rd drums, links, starter tab and feed tray packages from DSA. All new and as advertised. If you havent yet you should grab one or three.

Bummer on the Thompsons. Maybe its time to really test Kahrs customer service commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
    youre right there is a lot of crap bieng churned out currently. I like you wish I had some of those hk33 sets dsa sold for $295.
    I really had high hopes for the kahr thompson, I have a couple of their pistols and they are just little works of art but the thompson doesnt even look like its bieng built by the same group of people. The last one I bought was a real disapointment. I had high hopes initialy based on their pistols . did I say amt recently LOL
    I notice you are looking for a 91 rec, Is the jld worth the money? I need one also

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Is anybody even selling those AMT's or PE57 kits anymore?? DSA was still running the ad when I went to place my order and *poof* they were out.
    ...I'm not tense! Just terribly, terribly alert.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You might call MGS. Thats where I got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SA58
    Is anybody even selling those AMT's or PE57 kits anymore?? DSA was still running the ad when I went to place my order and *poof* they were out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

the pe57 dsa had is the best deal on a parts set I have gotten in a long time

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have a very nice 1928a1 set with a demill rec for sale I have been hoarding for a while, Not as cheap as the sets from sg but would be a nice project for someone licensed to rewatt as a dealer sample. Could probably be reworked as a semi with a little thought to blocking fa parts. trades welcome

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

I'll trade you a Kahr M1 Thompson replica for it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.