Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cz-26 semi auto

Feedback Score

Too Bad. I've got one too, and a semi build seems irresistible. I'm new to these, Too bad the barrel ban is going to make much of my new found hobby go bye-bye.
    Stupidity should be Painful!

Feedback Score

Anyone know where to get a manual on the CZ 26 ? I have manuals on all my other guns but can not find one for the 26.

Feedback Score

Well, I've been trying to get an AR15 HTS to work. Biggest problem is that these bolts are HARD!! Milled the bottom feed lip off, milled a slot for the hammer, Am drilling the firing pin hole. Looks like it WILL clear the ejector. Not done yet, so I'll let you know what happens.
    1gewehr

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My solution to converting a CZ-24, or CZ-26, to semi-auto.

Before re-welding the receiver together, weld a block at the rear of the welded-in barrel bushing to prevent an un-modified FA bolt from completely intering the completed receiver. If the FA bolt is non-functional in the SA receiver, a reduced diameter tube will not be needed.

Cut off the front of the SA bolt an approiate length to allow for the FA bolt block.

Drill the bolt for a firing pin. Temporarily installing a section of a long machine bolt that matches the ejector hole in the bolt. This is to help prevent the drill bit from moving over into the ejector hole in the bolt when drilling.

Drill a pin hole for installing a cross pin to hold the firing pin in the bolt.

The firing pin could be made from a modified M-16 firing pin.

As the CZ-24 uses a wooden stock, the metal that holds the stock in place will have to be removed. In this location, install a removable home-made FCG housing. Of course, you must make a slot in the bottom of the receiver for the hammer to hit the firing pin. I believe a M-1 Carbine FCG will work.

The M-1 Carbine trigger will have to be modified by cutting off the protruding finger section of the trigger. A wire or thin section of metal will be used to attach the trigger to the modified M-1 carbine trigger.

The CZ-24 can be made as a pistol, or as a Carbine. If you make a Carbine, you will have to determine how to attach the wooden stock. I haven't gotten that far just yet in my mental conversion.

I see no reason to make any other modifications to the bolt or receiver. However, removing the sear cut from the bottom of the bolt may make you feel safer from the BATF.

Feedback Score

Are the CZ26 parts kits from centerfire cut through the mag well? I have read where some of the newer demilled kits are.
    Tobacco Man

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The parts kit I got from CFS was not cut in the ejector/magazine area. They are missing a large section of receiver between the barrel bushing and the ejector port.

Converting these to semi-auto is certainly doable.

Feedback Score

It appears this thread has died. With more arts kits appearing it may come back. These would make great pistols and look better without the folding stock. The tube would be a bear for many. The tabs that have to be bent and the 45 degree bend by the bolt slot (may be unnecessary on a semi build
    Militia of one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

can a cz26 be made semi-auto

cz 24 semi auto build

cz 26 build

cz 26 semi auto build

cz 26 semi build

cz 26 trigger conversion to semi auto
cz26 trigger modifications
czech 26 semi auto build
plexis cz 26 semi auto tube

plexis cz26 semi auto tube

sa 26 build

semi auto cz 26

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.