Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sten MKIII build info...?

Feedback Score

There is a guy in CT that is working on a new semi sten conversion called the BSA-3 sten. He is at www.stenguns.tripod.com. I have 2 kits cleaned up just waiting for the new approved design.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I'm waiting for the BSA-3 as well for use with a MkV kit I've been holding. Might do another MkIII, but with a full lenth IMI 9mm barrel instead of going the barrel extention route like my first one. The SAS-3 kits are a bear to cock and the springs don't seem to hold up long.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpaw
    There is a guy in CT that is working on a new semi sten conversion called the BSA-3 sten. He is at www.stenguns.tripod.com. I have 2 kits cleaned up just waiting for the new approved design.
    Don't hold your breath, it ain't going to happen, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RetVet
    I'm waiting for the BSA-3 as well for use with a MkV kit I've been holding. Might do another MkIII, but with a full lenth IMI 9mm barrel instead of going the barrel extention route like my first one. The SAS-3 kits are a bear to cock and the springs don't seem to hold up long.

New hammer being made for the SAS3 will take care of the problems. They said it would be out within a month or so.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well, this kinda sucks. I want to build mine but the BSA3 kit is taking a hella long time to come out and the SAS3 kit is not available. I guess i will have to wait till something happens.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by C_Kassidy
    Well, this kinda sucks. I want to build mine but the BSA3 kit is taking a hella long time to come out and the SAS3 kit is not available. I guess i will have to wait till something happens.
    BSA kit will never come out. I told you all this a year ago. The SAS3 kit will be back in by the end of the month. They had a special where all orders before 1/1/06 would receive a sten MK3 kit for only $25...

Feedback Score

Anyone got a link for these build kits?

Feedback Score

Only one is available and only one will be available until their patent runs out, not hard to find on the web, http://www.semiautosten.com

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Apparently the company is making some changes to the bolt and hammer to make the SAS3 even more reliablle. I have built one of the kits, but never tried it yet. I need to play with the springs because it takes all I got to cock that thing!
    gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gtbehary
    Apparently the company is making some changes to the bolt and hammer to make the SAS3 even more reliablle. I have built one of the kits, but never tried it yet. I need to play with the springs because it takes all I got to cock that thing!
    changes to the SAS3 bolt have nothing to do with reliabilty, they are making it easier to use when building a mark2 or mark5 kit is all. They did redesign the hammer, however, to add more mass.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by C_Kassidy
    BSA kit will never come out. I told you all this a year ago. The SAS3 kit will be back in by the end of the month. They had a special where all orders before 1/1/06 would receive a sten MK3 kit for only $25...

BSA kit? August 2006 an all I hear is crickets...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.