Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sten MKIII build info...?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

th guy is on another site asking for people who want these .... i dont know him. but claims to have them available for 185 with all machine work done. you can check it out and make your own judgements. personally i love the ugly little gun. lots of fun to play with.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf
    th guy is on another site asking for people who want these .... i dont know him. but claims to have them available for 185 with all machine work done. you can check it out and make your own judgements. personally i love the ugly little gun. lots of fun to play with.
    check it out? check what out? where?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thought you were already up on this from your responses....

the guy you seem to be referring to is over on weaponeer in the semi sten thread offering this set up for those who are interested.

im always interested in new toys, but dont know anything at all about what has transpired in the past with this kit or person. so im not pushing for it or anything like that, just taking in all the info that you or anyone else has to offer.

you seem to have some knowledge on the subject would you care to share the rest? or is it one of those "non talk" about deals?

either way thanks for the info.

Feedback Score

the guy you seem to be referring to is over on weaponeer in the semi sten thread offering this set up for those who are interested.

im always interested in new toys, but dont know anything at all about what has transpired in the past with this kit or person. so im not pushing for it or anything like that, just taking in all the info that you or anyone else has to offer.

you seem to have some knowledge on the subject would you care to share the rest? or is it one of those "non talk" about deals?

either way thanks for the info.
    Dumb asses shouldn't be allowed to own guns... or computers... this is the website for the BSA3, last update was 8/05 http://stenguns.tripod.com/bsa3.html

The weaponeer $169 deal is for a tube and a booklet describing a build per the SGN article only. This is not a BSA3 kit. This is not any sort of kit. The SGN build would not pass ATF muster as printed either.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

"Dumb asses shouldn't be allowed to own guns... or computers... "

neither should jerks.

any good reason that your trying so hard to get attention? or are you always this friendly?

Feedback Score

"Dumb asses shouldn't be allowed to own guns... or computers... "

neither should jerks.

any good reason that your trying so hard to get attention? or are you always this friendly?
    Go slap your 5th grade reading teacher for not working on your comprehension.... and this quip wasn't too friendly either:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Why don't you guys both drop it and quit trying to out-insult each other?
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

had not intended to insult anyone. at the same time, i dont care much for someone trying to flame on me for what was a legit question back around page 1 & 2...

came here looking for information. ive only been in this game for about a year and am fairly new here. dont know all the "old history" of some of these topics.

nkluksda: thanks for reminding me to stay on the topic and take the high road.

Feedback Score

yeah mr vic benson is not the fastest one the block www.semiautosten.com sells kits to build a semiauto since you cannot use a openbolt design..i dunno it just dont look right with a long barrel..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Too long barrel. That's why I still consider building a semi-auto pistol with the Sten parts kit. I think putting a pistol grip middle ways on the receiver barrel jacket like the Sterling SMG would be good.for balance.

Don't know if it would work, but thought about turning the trigger housing backwards, with the oval part at the rear of the magazine housing and the rear of the TH attached to the tube. Use a regular AK FCG, plus another trigger at the trigger guard to operate the rear trigger.

Tube would be the same O.D., but with a smaller I.D. The converted semi-auto bolt would have to be turned down to fit the new I.D. tube.

Make a solid end cap which is held in place with a long vertical pin. Use a Thompson or M-3 recoil spring instead of the Sten recoil spring.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.