Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PPSh48/53

Feedback Score

Default PPSh48/53

Hey i just recieved a PPsh from centerfire, the thing is unissiues except for the utterly unusabel front end. Think these are the 48/53's spoke of in small arms of the world. Played with selcetor and it seems it is select fire.
    Very Kewl kit. always wanted a burpgun. 119 is a great price I think consideing it is Like new condition.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

pics?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The kit I recieved has a re-usable front end maybe I got lucky and got a good demil. Still wondering if I should wait until there is a approved semi conversion or make it into a dummy gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

doesn't prexis have a semi-auto plan?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There are plans out there I have found BUT they have not been approved by BATF. And seeing how I don't want to spend time in "club fed" I want to build a legal semi PPsH. The SR41 semi that Interordnance had beeen selling are approved but from what I have heard and read about them they were a lot of problems with them as far as jamming and such. I'am hoping for Mike's (prexis sten) plan to come about, it looks like it would make a better semi then IOs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I wil probably build a dummy gun. I have a second kit I will leave until a good approved semi build comes out

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tracern1
    I wil probably build a dummy gun. I have a second kit I will leave until a good approved semi build comes out

So how will you build a dummy gun? I'd love to have one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

From what I can find about a legal dummy gun, I will have to weld the chamber of the barrel. Then weld the barrel into the trunion, then put a tack weld where the firing pin is on the bolt. After this, weld the sear hole up then upper reciever to the lower reciever. This will make the weapon inoperable, but seeing how you are a regular on this board you probably know this already. That is why I would rather pay $119 plus 9 bucks shipping compared to $170 plus 12 bucks shipping, and still have to buy a dummy reciever for it.
    Last edited by tracern1; 12-04-2005 at 07:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think these were factory through weapons. The reason is that on one of the kits I recieved, it had on one of the reciever sections a 45 and a star, this was on the underside, and looked as is it had been scrubbed.off a bit. It could possible have been some russian made parts that the poles used to build thier weapons up with

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Actually I don't know about buildng a dummy gun, but are all those steps necessary? Is there a way to build a TEMPORARY dummy that could be reactivated later? Somehow change the inner diameter or weld a solid rod inside the receiver (the part that would be replaced by a reduced diameter section at a later point).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.