Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got my Sten MK III kit yesterday

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Got my Sten MK III kit yesterday

I was excited as I finally got my kit yesterday..lol.. I was at work when my wife called and said fedex dropped them off. I had to wait 12hrs before I could fondle it

My buddy wants to start building too so he wanted a Sten as well so I ordered 2 and of course, I kept the best one of the pair.
    I love the Sten, always have so I am really glad to actually be on the verge of building one. I have built 8 AK's and 2 AR's so I am not new to building... this thing looks easy.
    These kits came from Cheaper Than Dirt, they are nice looking kits but there are 2 things I am a bit unhappy about. The cut at the rear seems to have went down too far and I will most likely have to get that tigged up and during the demill, they cut off the "wings" for the tube to sit on. It won't be a functional problem but it is cosmetic and I like them. I have to call CTD tommorow and ask why I had to pay $80.00 catalog price when these same kits are on the website for $60.00.
    Heres a quick pic. Ok guys, never built one of these so I am all ears for how to do a Semi-Sten... help me out fellas. I'd like to say money is no object but it is to a point. I truely desire to have one of these WW2 relics in my collection

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Read this thread for some info. At least you got a saw cut kit and not a torch cut.

Sten MKIII build info...?
    Good Ole Boy from a Good Ole Place

Feedback Score

I think building one of thos into a dummy gun would be realy cool , i may have to look into getting a kit or two. Be a nice thing to have stashed away for when and if shit hits the fan if you know what I mean.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Man I must have had 50 of those kits at one time. Back when ebay wasn't so anti gun I'd buy them from interordance and sell them piece by piece on ebay and made a killin. Had a bunch of MKII kits and a couple MK5's as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKaTom
    Man I must have had 50 of those kits at one time. Back when ebay wasn't so anti gun I'd buy them from interordance and sell them piece by piece on ebay and made a killin. Had a bunch of MKII kits and a couple MK5's as well.
    Those MKII and MK5's are bringing a pretty penny these days.
    Good Ole Boy from a Good Ole Place

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKaTom
    You wouldnt happen to know where I could find a loop stock for mine would ya ? I don't care much for this T-stock.
    I just thought you might know since you sold them for parts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have a MK5 kit still in the wrappers, picked it up about 5 years ago. I haven't found a cheap semi build for it yet. I know there are 80% recievers out there, but don't want to spend time in "club fed" If you have a kit and a 80% reciever, that can be taken as "intent to build a FA weapon". Kinda in the gray area legally, but I really don't want to find out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

IMA has loop stocks for sale

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tracern1
    IMA has loop stocks for sale
    Who is IMA ? Link ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

www.ima-usa.com have other stuff to for the sten International military antiques run a search if the link doesn't work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.