Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who all has jumped on the Sub-Gun kit bandwagon ?

Throbbing Member scheistermeister's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by C_Kassidy
    The US parts thing doesnt count on these builds as none of them are considered assault weapons as per 922r. No protruding pistol grip, no threaded barrel.
    i always wondered that! thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've been pondering about the Beretta M12, but can't quite commit to it. It would require a ton of modifications, or a $200 letter to the BATF for a SBR request. Not to mention all the work it would take to make the silly thing function.
    Я люблю работать с очень большими молотками
    Yuh nah waste out yuh chance fi paint di town red,
    Cause when yuh buss it up, a fi mek Babylon fled
    And uh respect rasta livety yuh nah dis no dread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I fell for the tube gun bug...1 Yugo M56, 1 Sten mkIII, and 4 Suomis...Now all I have to do is build them! I'm just like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter! The barrel-ban winter!

Feedback Score
    14 (89%)

I have resurrected my Suomi. But only for display. All the parts move and it looks nice. It chambers the bullet. Firing pin is shaven off so that is unfunctional firearm.

Feedback Score

The US parts thing doesnt count on these builds as none of them are considered assault weapons as per 922r. No protruding pistol grip, no threaded barrel.
    Trying to get folks in trouble? You are WRONG!.

The "sporting purposes" clause of the 1968 GCA is applied, if the gun fails it is not allowed for import... consiquently a domestic build of the same is not allowed either if using more than 10 parts off of the ATF parts list.

Read up a bit before dispensing your advice... here's a good place to start http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu...i_auto_faq.txt.

922r was enacted in 11/90. 922v was the AWB of 1994.

DON'T FOLLOW THIS GUYS ADVICE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by donvito
    Trying to get folks in trouble? You are WRONG!.

The "sporting purposes" clause of the 1968 GCA is applied, if the gun fails it is not allowed for import... consiquently a domestic build of the same is not allowed either if using more than 10 parts off of the ATF parts list.

Read up a bit before dispensing your advice... here's a good place to start http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu...i_auto_faq.txt.

922r was enacted in 11/90. 922v was the AWB of 1994.

DON'T FOLLOW THIS GUYS ADVICE!
    While by no means do I think I am right on everything but I read your link you provided. Most of it is moot since the sunset of the AWB which is mostly what that website was all about. The ONLY assault rifle feature these rifles have are the detatchable magazines.
    The only reason I can see people going by 922r on ak, fal, cetme builds etc..... is because of the FLASH SUPPRESSORS, THREADED BARRELS, PROTRUDING PISTOL GRIP, and DETATCHABLE magazines.
    I am no law expert but I believe that you have to have just so many assault rifle features before you must use US parts. The only feature these things have are the magazines.

It definately merits some looking into. None of this matters to me as I plan on mine being SBR's anyhow

Feedback Score

While by no means do I think I am right on everything but I read your link you provided. Most of it is moot since the sunset of the AWB which is mostly what that website was all about. The ONLY assault rifle feature these rifles have are the detatchable magazines.
    The only reason I can see people going by 922r on ak, fal, cetme builds etc..... is because of the FLASH SUPPRESSORS, THREADED BARRELS, PROTRUDING PISTOL GRIP, and DETATCHABLE magazines.
    I am no law expert but I believe that you have to have just so many assault rifle features before you must use US parts. The only feature these things have are the magazines.

It definately merits some looking into. None of this matters to me as I plan on mine being SBR's anyhow
    You're no expert and I'm not your momma so I can't take the time to read it all to you. You are wrong. Read up on the GCA of 1968. It has nothing to do with the AWB.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I love the little tube gun's . last one was a Port. FBP-48 , next one will be a Mk 2 sten .
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jacket Firearms
    I love the little tube gun's . last one was a Port. FBP-48 , next one will be a Mk 2 sten .

You ought to think about a Suomi too. If you get a tube form Prexis it would be a cinch for you and your shop to smack one of those together.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Or how about making a semi- receiver I just got yet another Suomi.
    centerfire messed up and sent me a Suomi instead of the Yugo Underfolder I ordered. Rather than send it back, I just bout it anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.