Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Got another Suomi kit

Feedback Score

wow!
    good thing my computer had problem last night so I didn't place the order! $15 extra and you get a drum, what a deal.
    I'd better call them up tomorrow

Feedback Score

My cuts were pretty slagged up and rough. The finish, barrel condition, shroud, and everything else including stock looked to be unissued. It a crying shame to cut something like that up, aint it?
    The most important recipe you will ever read.
    Believe- John 8:24
    Repent - Luke 13:3
    Confess Christ as Lord -Romans. 10:9
    Baptism for forgivness of sins- Acts2:38, Mark 16:16.

Feedback Score

Hi there Im new to this site I just ordered a sten today but have been wanting a Suomi also then I read this post were you say you brought one for $20 were did you buy it from? I saw centerfire's add were you have to buy one at $59 to get one for $20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Centerfire is the source for $20 kits. You don't have to buy a $59 Suomi kit to get one, ANY kit you buy qualifies you for the discounted $20 price. Most people just add them on when they order something else.

Feedback Score

ok thanks. I love the history behind these weapons. If only I could get one that talks. LOL

Feedback Score

got my kits the other day Both were in reasonably god shape. blueing verry good.stocks in good condition
    So if I weld the barrel closed and don't even put the fireing pin bolt assembly in the revever can I then weld up the torch cut recever to make it into a dummy gun?
    If yes, were can I find something written by the BATF that says this is ok?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have rec over 25 of these and the first 10 ordered around Oct all had the charge handle cut and where old crappy rusty guns before demill, the last 15+ all ordered in feb and march have been nicely blued with charge handle and springs intact. I think they unloaded all the crappy ones first

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Majicman, as long as the receiver is solid, there should be no need to do anything to the bbl. A solid rod of steel inserted into the receiver pieces will align them for welding as well as provide a surface to build up the missing pieces. As they sit now in multiple pieces, ATF considers the receivers scrap metal, not a receiver. Most commercially made dummy receivers are simply solid blocks of metal that are contoured on the outside to look like a receiver and have the proper holes needed to attach the external parts. Welding your scrap up into something similar should be OK, but to be sure you would have to actually weld up a sample and submit it to ATF tech branch for a ruling.

Feedback Score

Thanks kernelkrink, That's a good idea using some round stock in the receiver this will help align everything for welding. I'm a pipe fitter by trade so I can weld. I have a welding machine at work. How do the pictures of my Suomi look compared to what you guys have received? I am happy with what I got .I should be getting my sten in 4 days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Your receiver actually looks better than the ones I have. The last one they sawed through the rear mounting tangs for some reason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.