Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Got another Suomi kit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking Got another Suomi kit

I can't wait till someone makes available a way to build these semi. I now have 3 of these $20.00 kits. I want like crazy to have a 9mm carbine.
    Centerfire Systems have really gone out of their way for me here the past few weeks as every single kit I have ordered from them has been in outstanding shape. I was very impressed with my Yugo's from them. Even these Suomi's look new, for the most part.
    Heres my latest Suomi kit. I don't know what good it does to have the demilled receiver but I guess its cool to have something to model the 80% blanks from.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

looks like your front and rear fillers may even be usable with a little clean up. Extra points, you have a cocking handle and spring that weren't torched.
    I know nothing...........nothing !

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I wonder if that's an early or late demil? What I'm getting at is I wonder if this kit not having the cocking handle and spring cut was demilled with the intent to save those parts.

I've got 4 of them so far, but all have the cocking handles torched.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I just went in the closet and looked. All 3 of my Suomi kits have the cocking handle and spring intact.
    Whats up with yours having them torched ?

Feedback Score

I received two of these $20 Suomi kits with my RPK and PPSh-41 kits two weeks ago and both of them are intact and packaged just like the above picture. I'll be receiving a third kit when the RPD finally ships and am thinking about ordering another PPSh and $20 kit this week which would give me four...trying to make an excuse to buy another kit or two for more additional $20 Suomi's. Anyone know if the CFS $20 Suomi kits are going away the end of December like their $8.99 flat rate shipping is?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You know I'm looking at this from a different perspective. The fact that, like a Sten, we have to re-build practically the entire weapon from the ground-up to make it a legal & functional semi carbine, I'm looking at the potential to feed from the side like a Sten or that German WW2 carbine, based loosely on the Uzi design.

May even use a square steel tube for the receiver!

Feedback Score

I think these kits were from the bottom of the pile, which means they were cut first. Somewhere along the line, the people cutting them started getting lazy and not pulling the cocking handle or making any effort to avoid messing up the front filler. I ordered some stuff from Centerfire recently and added 2 Suomis with my order in hopes of getting one of these better kits.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The quality of these CFS kits just keep getting better all the time. This is one that came today. Just out of the box - only wiped grease/dirt off the receiver. Minimum torch slag. Barrel excellent to "as new". Sling came along attached to buttstock and barrel shroud. Stock only has a couple very slight dings/scratches - it will clean up very nicely. Word/name "KarPr" written on buttstock in felt marker.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thats cool that you even got a sling. I have too much flash from the cuts to fit my receivers into the stock. Was your cocking handle and spring intact ?

I have already started ordering parts to do a semi auto build. I think these will make a fine 9mm carbine, especially with the AR FCG. I am wondering if the national match trigger groups would work in them. I read an interesting story about the Suomi @ gunwriters and it seems these rifles are outstandingly accurate.

I can't wait to get mine done.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

CFS strikes agian. Same price for kits of all differnet demills. My first 2 had everything torched. Second 4 I had 3 kits that had mostlty useable rear and front fillers. The second 4 had the all teh coking handle in tact. I also got one M31/42 kit which has the funky built in muzzle brake.

Lois told me that the kits were all done at the same time and they have been all over the map as far as de-mill goes.

I got one for a Suomi build and 3 for 9MM SuomAK's

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.