Gunco Forums banner

Suomi Build

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
Are there any good site,s that help with a suomi build. Any would be a help, thanks.

#8 ·
For those thinking of starting the Suomi build, I have sent a copy of my Build Book CD to the BATF Firearms Technical Branch for preliminary evaluation. They won't approve or disapprove the CD but what I want them to tell me is, is any part of my build procedure outside their rules.

Following success here, I will send my Suomi to them to get an approval letter.

I have no idea how long all of this takes. But having a complete build approved and a book available on how to do it will make life a bit easier and more fun!

#12 ·
gclark94560 said:
For those thinking of starting the Suomi build, I have sent a copy of my Build Book CD to the BATF Firearms Technical Branch for preliminary evaluation. They won't approve or disapprove the CD but what I want them to tell me is, is any part of my build procedure outside their rules.

Following success here, I will send my Suomi to them to get an approval letter.

I have no idea how long all of this takes. But having a complete build approved and a book available on how to do it will make life a bit easier and more fun!
The BATF really liked the Suomi CD and the gun will be on its way to them as soon as I get the bolt back from heat treating at Prexis.

#16 ·
im not sure if Greg is gonna put it up here or not .....

he's got it posted at weaponsguild and since its on a Prexxis set up im pretty sure he's offering it over there.

#19 ·
uh can you simplify that for a *******? lol

is it a suomi or a hybrid?

cause even i got a hybrid suomi called a STEUOMI. :)

#20 ·
did you look at the thread? it's a tec-9 style upper married to suomi parts and a wire stock. i suppose you could call it a tecomi. inspired by the post-war berettas that followed the 38A.

no recoil at all on these 9mm heavy fronted carbines. much quieter than you would expect. a front end like these screams for 800 cyclic.

#21 ·
uh no i didnt go look at the thread..... as im not an active member of weaponeer, so im gonna have to take your word on it or see it when you post it somewhere else.

but it sounds good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.