Gunco Forums banner

suomi rear filler??

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  pacomdiver 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just received two CFS suomi kit (with my Yugo fixed kits), just wondering which part is the rear filler? I got one good front filler so wondering if there is also a good rear I might be able to use.

THanks

#3 ·
Guncats, did your Suomi kits come with mags? I know they ran out of stick mags, but read they were subbing drums in their place. If so, did you have to pay extra for the drums to be included?

#5 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info.......
So, turn out I got one usuable fron filler, no usuable rear. That is ok though, I bought these kits mainly for the drum mag deal.
No compensator on either barrel.

Retvet, they are $20 kits so I did have to pay $15 extra for each drum.

The good news is barrel/shroud mounting lugs are usuable in both kits, I might be able to fit one for a 9mm AK project. Don't see how I will have time to do R&D like that though, I am not even sure whether I will have time to build my AK kits.......

About the Yugo kits:
one has rough bore (yet it still passed the "bullet in muzzle" test beautifully, after I recut the crown, making me wonder if the bullet test really indicate anything? I mean the rifling is really rough), all #'s matching; wood in very good condition, bluing about 80%.
the other one has mirror shiny bore, but #'s don't match, 4 different #'s in one kit. Good thing the stock/trunnion/handguard all match so the big #'s will look good. initial head space check show the head space is good. Wood like new with A few serious dings, metal finish 90% plus. Guess I will HAVE TO build that one, won't even require refinishing.....:thumbup1:
I think they already sorted the yugos, the one mirror bore was very obvious, one look and you know it is shiny. I think the only reason I could get it at standard price is due to the non-matching#.

Have fun

#12 ·
Suomi M-31 build

Coils said:
There's been a few builds done but noone has put together a tutorial yet, at least I have'nt seen any.
HI!

I have completed a M-31 build and have a clip of me shooting it on YouTube.

[video=youtube;dEHaStcAHro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHaStcAHro[/video]

I also have a CD based book out now documenting my build. It has the clip on it. ($29.95)

Check out www.gunbuilds.com

Best of luck with your build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.