Thread: Sten project

Self-Proclaimed Armorer bloodsport2885's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Sten project

Ok Im thinking about getting a sten mkIII to tuck away for a rainy day when Im bored. Does anyone have experience with who seems to have the best demilled kits around? i know some are saw cut and others are butchered like some ak kits. Does anyone have good prices on these? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

thought about it a few times myself. there are a couple threads here about that, try this one, Anyone have any Sten MK3 building experience?
    You might also check prexis-sten, stenparts.com, semiautosten.com, and even cheaperthandirt.com has them. I know there are others, but those are just off the top of my head.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, because I am the baddest motherfu$@er in the goddamn valley.

Self-Proclaimed Armorer bloodsport2885's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cheaper than dirt claims they cant be made into a working firearm, leading me to beleive they have cut off a certain section I was reading about called the "ears" that makes them a no-go. Does anyone have any info about this? Its also possible theyre just saying this in the same blanket manner that "AK parts kits cannot be made into a working firearm", which many of you here would beg to differ.

Feedback Score

You can build a sten without the ears, I bought alot of them from tapco a year or so ago. I like the ones with the bronze bolt, you can polish the heck out of those things. I prefer the ones with the ears though so I can use my spot welder to join the tube. As for the magazine housing that has to have a bead welded on it.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.