Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sten Carbine build in newest SGN

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Sten Carbine build in newest SGN

Just wanted to let those know who are interested that there is an article in the latest SGN about building a Sten MK3 kit into a MK2 lookalike/carbine. I got the issue yesterday in the mail, it's one of the glossy issues, and also has a pretty decent article on the Stoner 63, as well as an essay by Mikhail Kalashnikov about meeting Eugene Stoner.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I saw that. Looks like an interesting concept for making a semi Sten. Too bad the article left out many of the details and just gave an address you can send your dollars to if you want the real story. Modifying the bolt to come up with a closed bolt firing system is the real catch to building a Sten. Same goes for a Suomi.

Nice story on the Stoner 63 once you get past the dorky photos of Kokalis painted up like a jungle GI Joe...........again! I swear that guy likes playing dress up more than my kids.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RetVet
    I saw that. Looks like an interesting concept for making a semi Sten. Too bad the article left out many of the details and just gave an address you can send your dollars to if you want the real story. Modifying the bolt to come up with a closed bolt firing system is the real catch to building a Sten. Same goes for a Suomi.

Nice story on the Stoner 63 once you get past the dorky photos of Kokalis painted up like a jungle GI Joe...........again! I swear that guy likes playing dress up more than my kids.
    Him and Fortier must have quite a wardrobe. I wonder if those two play together and have little " Dress up" parties?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Makes you wonder for sure Bradrock LOL!

I wouldn't mind having access to some of the firearms they handle though. Most are well beyond the scope of my wallet.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

NC,
    Thanks for the heads up! Gotta get that one, guess I will be heading over to Barnes and Nobles.

Feedback Score

Also the article is going to be in multiple parts. So make sure you also keep an eye out for the next issue.

Pete
    U.S. Army (Ret)
    NRA for Life

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ret,
    Admit it dude we are all jelous of those guys cause they get paid to play with guns and there isn't anyone shooting back at them while their playing in a field or a sand box......... ah to b one of them must be nice to have guns sent to you so you can "evaluate" them (and get paid for it )

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

You're right Lt. Except for the dress up stuff, I'd happily evaluate any of the hardware they get to handle, and do it for free!

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am curious to see if the feed lips on the bolt face of the Sten are going to be removed. I thought that was one of the BATF requirements for the semi conversion. Maybe not.
    gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gtbehary
    I am curious to see if the feed lips on the bolt face of the Sten are going to be removed. I thought that was one of the BATF requirements for the semi conversion. Maybe not.
    I think they have to be removed. I removing the ones on my Soumi build.
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.