Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: YUGO M56 REBUILD

Feedback Score

Default YUGO M56 REBUILD

When the rear part of the tube is twisted into place on the lower how secure does it get. Mine seems loose any info is greatly appreciated

Feedback Score

Default wish I could help you... have you found any

good resources for rebuild instrucctions?
    I am struglling to get the barrel off.. Looks like a tricky rebuild.

Feedback Score

Default yugo barrel

The barrel will be very tight try some heat. If your talking about removing the old material just cut it away carefully and you will find three welds just grind them down flush

Keep yer powder dry. cracker 60's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If you are building a semi-auto from the M56.......you can shorten the receiver tube and lower receiver correspondingly, as much as five inches.

You don't need the long receiver as you will have not have the problem of controlling full-auto fire. One of the last things I would do is shorten the recoil spring. When you have a shoot-able firearm, then I would shorten the recoil spring one coil at a time until the tension is right.

Shortening the receiver will also allow a better fire control group alignment with the converted bolt. Plus it gives you a shorter firearm overall.

I would suggest the possibility of using the SKS fire control group, except doing so will deprive you of the required U.S. parts.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

the rear cap on the m56 is known to pop off and the bolt will strike you in the forehead, read about it in more than one place. Nice article about m56 forehead in SAR a while back.

Check out the m56 thread in the semi build section over at weaponeer. Quite a few folks already shooting semi m56's. Tommer is doing some beautiful bolt mods that allow an ar hammer and fcg to work, nice floating firing pin and bolt is slotted for hammer clearance. The one I got from him is a work of art. Jestism posted some really nice pics and drawings of a striker mechanism that fits in the bolt and uses a 45 gov model recoil spring for the striker . It engages the original sear . Ill post pics of my build shortly if interested.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Modify the lower and lower receivers so one large screw will hold the two receivers together, like the MP-38/40.

I have been wondering why the Yugoslavians didn't do this from the start.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have been so occupied with bolt conversion work on Weaponeer, that I have neglected posting here. I am doing M56 bolt conversions that work smooth as silk. The bolts are carburized and surface hardened to 65Rc so some of the machining presents some challenges. Within the next two weeks, I should have the Suomi bolt conversion ready. My 1927 house needs restoration, my firearms engraving class always draws my attention and the conversion work fills my time and work still wants me to continue my space shuttle work. People still ask me about "The Game". What game?

All the Best

Tommerr

Feedback Score

Hi All!

I am in the last stages of completing a Prexis receiver and USA made bolt M-56 build. I am also coming out with a CD based book on the build. It will be a companion to the Suomi M-31 build book I now have on the market.

Greg

Feedback Score

I have my M-56 complete with the exception of the bolt. I am waiting on the Prexis USA made and BATF compliant bolt assembly It should be here by the end of the month.

I too had issues with excessive play in between the receiver and the lower frame. I fixed this by glass bedding the hook area on the back of the mag well and the groove it fit in in the lower.

Tightened everything up great! Details in the book.
    Visit www.gunbuilds.com
    How To Build subgun books

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.