Gunco Forums banner

ppsh 41 shroud

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
does anyone here know of a replacement shroud or one of the sponsor or so on who makes one? thanks for the info...

#3 ·
thanks for looking at this.

yes i have one from coldsteel on the way.... was just hoping that maybe someone else had just the barrel shroud set up for another one i have that is using a different receiver type (prexis)....

thought for sure i saw one in a post somewhere but the search is coming up empty

thanks again. anybody else?

#4 · (Edited)
If you are looking for a different type PPSH-41 to build, consider the modified PPSH-41 (K50M) used by the VC in Vietnam.

It uses a chopped barrel jacket that comes together around the middle of the barrel, like when you put your finger tips together. The front sight looks like a Chinese type AK front sight. It uses a M-3 SMG style sliding stock and a wood pistol grip.

You might can find it by doing a search for Viet Cong weapons. I came across one back in the late 1960's. The Seabee Musuem in Gulfport, MS also has one on display if you are ever in that area. They also have a number of AK and other weapons on display.

I found a picture of the K50M on www.173rdairborne.com/weapons.htm.

I have been giving a lot of thought to building one of my parts kits into that type PPSH-41. First I have to acquire a shop to build it in.

#7 ·
bro, you are the man. i was looking for exactly that. a 16" already extended or the shroud that i could just put over another barrel.

you just continue to amaze me. we got to get hooked up on the romy.. my wife is just relentless.... you know the drill.

#9 ·
ha ha!! got ya!! ive got one of those too. lmao and there is another one coming out soon i hear that seems to be a bit better than all the other ones.

its on page 16 of the pp41 thread over there.. looks very nice.

yes im trying to keep ALL the vendors in biz.. now you see why im having such a hard time getting over? lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.