Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: started my pps43 semi build today

Feedback Score

Very nice work. Thanks for posting the pics. I have a very nice PPS43 kit put back that I would love to make into a semi-auto.
    Hey, Saddam, how's the kids?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I don't think the mags interchange. The 41 originally took the drums, the sticks were a later add-on due to unreliability with the drums. The 43 was a stick mag from the start and is a different design at the top.

OTOH, you might be able to mod the magwell on the 43 to take 41 mags.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for sharing this.

I noticed the kits don't have the front trunnion, is this going to be difficult for an amiture builder?

Feedback Score

Thanks for the info and pictures. Did you use special tooling or is this bolt soft enough for HSS mills and drill bits.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

the bolt is soft enough for regular high speed steel tools.
    somebody on weaponeer posted a link to a company in GA that had trunions for about $40 and jestism is also working on a repair section and trunions , I dont think the trunion is that complicated, I have a pdf file somewhere that details it and the rec, I will find it and post

Feedback Score

pbb,
    would you please get the gun built so I can go to the range and try it out for ya (hint, hint). looks good. muttman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
    I dont think they interchange, all my 41 stuff is in the back of the shop so I cant pull out a mag to compare. There was a comparitive pic in SAR a few months ago but I dont remember the details
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink
    I don't think the mags interchange. The 41 originally took the drums, the sticks were a later add-on due to unreliability with the drums. The 43 was a stick mag from the start and is a different design at the top.

OTOH, you might be able to mod the magwell on the 43 to take 41 mags.
    Thanks for the replies. Just my luck - tons of -41 mags and no place to put them My goal is to make a Vintorez-style Krink clone. I have all the parts but the barrel. I really just need to sit down and build it... those parts are just laughing at me.

Now, I would consider modifying the mag well so -41 mags would work. Can someone post close-up pics of the -43 mag well? I think the -41 is more akin to an AK style locking lug setup, and if so then I'm all set. This would be a good winter project for me, and considering my wifey-pooh wants it, I would at least get her support
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Magazines should be interchangeable. It was designed to take the stick mag I believe but drums will not fit.

What about the PDF file, ever find it?

Just curious about the trunion and what a challenge. I have heard about trunions being available but never found the source but with you and Jestism working on it, well, it is time to order some of these for conversion down the road when I don't have anything else to do. Thanks.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
    When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hey maybe its something i can actually be of help on..

the stick mags do not work on 43 that fit the 41. different set up. someone like PBB can probably do the machine work and get them to fit....

the trunion is available over at coldsteel for about 45-50 depending on his sale dates. he actually even has a 80% set up already.

ive got stuff from him and Jestism both and had good luck all the way around. they use diferent approaches in the set ups.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Well, I was misinformed. Guess I better grab some magazines when i grab the kit or kits so I don't get stuck with no extra mags. It is really aggravating to go shoot and have to reload a single mag every time. Thanks for the information on coldsteel.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
    When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

building a 22 gatling gun

pps43 extractors

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.