Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uzi build

Feedback Score

The last post is correct I built a full size UZI pistol but used a semi mini bolt. I didn't use the correct buffer but used the original full length with a cut down AR-15 buffer to work the striker. I had some square tubing I had to cut open and mill out to use as the missing receiver section. I did the correct mods the the trigger housing and grip to make it semi only. It has taken a lot of work but now that I'm done it is worth it. Also, I welded in 2 blocks of steel on each side of the barrel to make up for the shortened bolt. The FA bolt is longer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Are there any 80% recievers for this, my searches don't turn up much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

There are some "repair sections" out there that you weld in between the end pieces in the kit, but that is about it for the "non gun" options. Group Industries made a ton of the receiver shells before they folded, they were sold at auction and several vendors in Shotgun News advertised them recently, about $20-30 each. It is just the shell though, you either need a $140 "weld kit" with new pieces or carefully demill your old parts to reuse them. Alignment is also a problem without the $120 jig set. These are serial numbered and transfer as a receiver, even though they are not complete. You will also need to machine them in a few areas to fit the parts kit.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I wanted to just clarify , the semi and fa full size Uzi bolts are the same length, I believe what Gun-metal meant in his post is that the mini bolt he used is shorter than the full size uzi bolt
    here is the fellow with the uzi section http://sksparts.com/receivertubesANDOTHERGOODDTUFF.htm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

vector has some of the rec shells $30 if you have an ffl, century has/had some at $40 each that already have the hump pressed in the bottom and have been machined/tweaked and are ready to weld, DanD is out

Buy or build the welding jig or the rec will bow when you weld the bottom, Basicly you need a round rod that will slide snugly into the trunion, thru the semi feed ramp/bbl restrictior ring and into the hole in the back plate where the stock attaches. The end of mine is drilled and tapped 1/4x28 at the rear and has a shoulder at the front similar to the ring on the bbl so when I tighten the bolt at the rear it holds the bbl trunion in place and sets the proper length of all the parts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabeachbum
    vector has some of the rec shells $30 if you have an ffl, century has/had some at $40 each that already have the hump pressed in the bottom and have been machined/tweaked and are ready to weld, DanD is out

Buy or build the welding jig or the rec will bow when you weld the bottom, Basicly you need a round rod that will slide snugly into the trunion, thru the semi feed ramp/bbl restrictior ring and into the hole in the back plate where the stock attaches. The end of mine is drilled and tapped 1/4x28 at the rear and has a shoulder at the front similar to the ring on the bbl so when I tighten the bolt at the rear it holds the bbl trunion in place and sets the proper length of all the parts
    Panaceabeachbum, this si for spacing and holding the reciever parts togeather for the repair channel? Could you post a pic? I could machine one easier if I saw one.

Thanks,
    Jack

Feedback Score

As Far as parts go...Why don't you get the cut three pieces of Uzi reciever on Gun Broker. It comes with trunion front, Lug and ejector middle, rear sight and rear plate and top cover keeper. Then get a group Ind. reciever shell and cut the ends off it to match your two rec. pieces you just got from GB. And put the blocking bar in to be sure!...Slowfinger

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MADJACK
    Panaceabeachbum, this si for spacing and holding the reciever parts togeather for the repair channel? Could you post a pic? I could machine one easier if I saw one.

Thanks,
    Jack
    the purpose of the jig is to make sure the bbl, bbl restirctor ring (in a carbine build) and rec are aligned properly and to help minimize distortion. The Uzi rec will bend and distort very easily when welding since 80% or so of the welding is on the bottom the fellow at DandD sales has a pic of the welding jig on his site
    http://www.danddsales.com/parts.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks Panaceabeachbum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.