Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: conversion of 7.62x25 to 9mm

Feedback Score

Default conversion of 7.62x25 to 9mm

specifically on a yugo M56 and PPs-43. Yes, I know about the Kp-44, but like the looks of the PPS better. What would be involved in this? It appears to me that all I would need would be a new barrel and some had fitting/tuning of the feed ramps. Does anyone have any input? I am moderately skilled as a gunsmith, though mostly on 1911's and more recently Hi-powers and HK P7's. I have a decent shop with lathe, mill, surface grinder, welders, etc.
    Also, where would be the best place to find pre-chambered or short chambered 9mm bbl. blanks?
    Thanks,
    C.J.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Your are correct on PPS-43. The curved PPS-43 mag will hold 9x19 fmjs. You can get UZI barrels from Ohio Ordnance for $15.00

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

hmm maybe I'll build my second pps 43 in 9mm, I could make the trunnion myself.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I've loaded up a PPS-43 mag with 9mms, you'll probably want to put a metal insert either in the front or back of the inside of the mag, and mod the feed lips. I noticed the beginnings of nose diving, and binding when I finger stripped the rounds.

Another route would be to convert Sterling or MP5 mags to lock into the mag well, but that might be a tad expensive.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I see what you're saying about the nose diving, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use straight mags in the pps43 mag well like sten or uzi mags(whatever fits), that would be a lot cheaper. I think the pps mags will work with a good feed lip going to the barrel.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

sten mags are cheap enough, but not really the same hook up point..although im sure you could change it..

how about this: tell me what you think: take the 9mm conversion set up that uses the mp 40 mags and try it with your $15 barrel? they made this for the ppsh41, but the 43 clips look to be the same at the attachment point. maybe this would slide right up in there for you? check that out and see.

the only drawback here is that the mp 40 mags are not cheap, but if the adapter slid in, it would be worth it.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think itd be fairly easy to weld a tab onto a sten mag...just depends if the dimensions of the mag fit into the magwell

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

figured that would be the way you might go... did you go check out that magwell insert?

it would appear to be a perfect fit..

http://www.interordnance.com/Merchan...Code=PPSHMA100

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

looks cool but at around 50 bucks a mag for mp40 mags, it doesn't seem very cost effective. I think I'm just going to see if I can use the pps mags and modify the feed ramp to fix the nose dives

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yep thats the drawback there, those mags are high....

that $15 dollar barrel sounds good though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.