Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: STEN build mklll load-o-pix

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default the one place i think u drive screws have a place

is in holding the barrel bushings in the tube on the MK III semi builds. from friends builds the cut out in the tube for mag housing to the back barrel bushing has run right at 1/8 ". the issue i have seen in their builds has been in the angle of mag housing to the tube. i have thought about doing a semi pistol build with a vertical mag and a 4-5 inch barrel. someday,when i get done with a few ak builds. shotgun news had a good two part article on doing your own and the author sold the entire plans for like 15.00.using the original bolt drilled thru for a spring loaded firing pin and ar-15 semi fcg . looks doable except for drilling thru bolt.glad i found one of the bronze bolts which should be more easily drilled. oh well, one day soon i hope

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

have heard about this tutorial in SGN and yes teh brass bolt would be helpful for that....

great idea on your part!!

ok on th 1/8"... thats right where mine is.

about that mag angle: it was a clean demill and i just set it back down and made sure it was centered and as deep as it would go. it wont go any deeper as its right on the bolt now, but it is possible that i could have wiggled a hair when i tacked it in and changed it.

thing is it looks perfect and by hand operation never fails to feed or eject and under fire it didnt start till after about 700 rounds.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

ive been thinking about using my orriginal bolt and

turn it down to fit a given peice of tube, make a coking handle and relocate the hole on the bolt, using a real short tube and a sten barrel, making a fcg housing to wled to the tube and use sten mags, and use a add on to the bolt to allow to use a guide rod and use a ak fcg. anf make a homemade tec 9 / mp40/ sten type gun. i need to know what the proccess and steps are for drilling for a firing pin is in steel bolts. i have a beat up ak reciver that i could rob the ak fcg area from the sheetmetal and mount it as a sperate group. im looking at building a semi auto handgun similar to the grease gun. advise me on modding the bolt.
    Cheap bastard plus ghetto tools=quality AK build

PLEASE VOTE IN '08 FOR YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!!!!

RON PAUL '08

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

i wonder if we did this small reduction in diameter to the center and left two rings on each end if that would lessen the amount of friction, cuz as is the semi bolt makes contact with the entire legnth, where the orig has just slide rings. any thoughts ?
    I know what you mean and it makes sence.

make a homemade tec 9 / mp40/ sten type gun.
    Here you go, vertical template with bolt mods info. I've ordered a few templates from them and they put stuff on GunBroker, I have'nt heard anything bad about them.
    http://www.landsden.com/prints__temps.htm

Feedback Score

I like the looks of the striker you have. Is that your design, or is it available somewhere. I haven't seen one like it for sale. If it is your design and you aren't planning on selling it, would you consider posting pics of the striker and bolt?

Thanks,
    Bill

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

been a while since we talked about this build..

jpretty sure it was the new style striker in the SAS3 kits, same one i use.

the bolt pictures he has posted for you back on page 1, will see if i can find you some pix of that new striker, someone on weaponeer had the dimensions in case you wanted to make it yourself.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Thanks, I'll go sniff around Weaponeer for more info.

2nd Amendment Martyr.. lowjackal's Avatar
    Feedback Score

STEN build mklll load-o-pix-sb15.jpg

STEN build mklll load-o-pix-sb16.jpg

What if I may be so nieve to ask are these two pictures of? What part? Thats not your mk.III magazine housing prior to welding it on is it? I'm at a loss??

Someone 'splain it to me please?

Feedback Score

that is the semi auto sten bolt. Uses an ar15 firing pin, you an also see the retaining pin in the picture.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What he said, it's a modded STEN bolt with the firing pin installed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.